PDA

View Full Version : Which one do you think would be good to do?

EWC88
03/11/2008, 09:50 PM
So my 37g cube is really on a move now, with money coming in I'm trying to buy more and more things to get this going. Now I need to build a sump or fuge. I'm just a little confused on which one I will be doing. I see alot of people on here with GORGEOUS tanks that are perfectly fine with a sump ( Tank of the month AMAZING and he jsut has a sump )

So I really don't know if I should do a sump or fuge?

Also what should I have for this tank, I want what will be the easiest for me and best to keep my tank clean. I have a protein skimmer, I was thinking of a calc reactor as well to get but not to sure, what you think?

Aquarist007
03/11/2008, 09:58 PM
you probably won't need a calcium reactor until you get alot of sps corals--maybe even not then

you should definetly have a sump and I would suggest you encorporate the refugium within the sump.
here are some ideas for doing that:

http://www.melevsreef.com/links.html

tmz
03/11/2008, 10:17 PM
Personally I use a calcium reactor and drip kalk on a 500g system. I don't think a calcium reactor is the best choice fro a 37 gal for a number of reasons: cost, CO2 and ph issues, difficult to control at low level use. With a 37 g I would probably use some limewater for top off and/ or a balanced two part supplement.

EWC88
03/11/2008, 10:32 PM
Ok the calc reactor is out of question then lol

I'm still thinking on weather or not to do the fuge because the biggest size tank I think I might be able to use is either MAYBE a 20g high or maybe a 15 if I can find one if not a 10g..

To give you guys a idea, I will have atleast a clam in this tank, some sps corals as well as zoas feather duster bubble coral..etc.

tmz
03/11/2008, 10:54 PM
A ten or twenty gallon refugium with chaetromorpha macro algae lighted on an opposite photo period would be a great addition providing ph leveling betwen niight and day cycles, habitat for microfuana which can feed you fish and inverts, and nutrient export via the macro aglae.Your clam will also take up nutrients.