PDA

View Full Version : Need permission from Dr. Roy and all other mantis owners here.

rlf_racing
03/12/2008, 01:53 AM
Alright I am tired of having to search thru 230 plus pages here to find info on odontodactylus scyllarus. I am asking if I can use all the info get once I go completely thru all these pages. I am thinking of writing a journal of information for people to use before getting this type of mantis. This the only species of mantis that I own, so I am sorry for not trying to get info on the other species of mantis.

Thank you to Dr. Roy and everyone that has posted info on this forum.

P.S. This is going to take me a while to get everything organized and i might send a copy to Dr. Roy to see if I might haved missed anything.

rlf_racing
03/12/2008, 02:20 AM
Also this is just a collection of info, by no means am I an expert. I am just trying to gather all the information I can. If I can help others in the process that has helped me to this point, then great.

rlf_racing
03/12/2008, 12:13 PM
Please tell me that I am no going to be wasting my time in collecting this information. I am still willing to do this for myself but I would like to know if other O.S. owners would like to have it.:(

BALISTIK
03/12/2008, 01:11 PM
I like your idea of having a journal describing all the aspects of OS. After which you could expand to include other mantis shrimp.

you can get genereal mantis shrimp info from wiki, as well as searching for shiela patek and roy caldwell. These two people have the most extensive research on stomatopods. Check the sticky thread that links to Dr. Roys website regarding general mantis shrimp attributes based on genera and species. that should be a good first step. you can also ask questions here and hopefully we can answer your inquiries. i hope that helps.

Shawn D
03/12/2008, 01:54 PM
I think a comprehensive journal of O.s would be awesome

Tylt33
03/12/2008, 10:29 PM
If you're going to use Dr. Roy's information in any sort of published format, at the very least I'd expect some intensive citations.

rlf_racing
03/12/2008, 11:34 PM
Tylt33 what do you mean by intensive citation? If you mean by me getting into any type of trouble for using any of what has been pulished by Dr. Roy or any other person here. If so that is why i am asking permission first before posting anything in this forum. This forum is the only place that it will be posted. If I am told no by Dr. Roy or any other person that has posted on this forum or any other website. It will not be posted and just used by me for my personal care of my mantis.

Thank you
Robert