PDA

View Full Version : My stocking plan....suggestions?

Drewsus1010
03/12/2008, 01:21 PM
2 Ocellaris Clownfish
bubble tip anemone
fuzzy dwarf lionfish
yellow tang

i understand that feeding these guys is going to be difficult. I plan to use freeze dried plankton and prime reef flakes in my auto feeder for the lion and the clowns and a veg clip with kelp/seaweed for the tang. As a supplement for these staple diets, i plan to feed frozen brine shrimp and gost shrimp for the lion and the clowns.

I realize that a lion will eat any fish that can fit in its mouth so my main concern is it getting at the clowns. The clowns are supposed to get to 3.5 inches so maybe not...?

Does anybody have any suggestions/ reason why i may encounter problems with this setup?

Thanks in advance

techigirl78
03/12/2008, 01:51 PM
My dwarf lionfish never ate pellets or flakes. Only meaty frozen foods. Also, the general rule is the fish should be at least 1/2 the length of the lionfish to avoid predation. I'd probably aim more for 2/3 or more particularly for narrow fish. Even if you buy the lionfish small, it will likely grow much faster then the clowns and the male clown could get eaten. Have you considered one of the larger species of clownfish?

Many people indicated 75 as min. for yellow tang.

Drewsus1010
03/13/2008, 08:48 AM
ok so if i changed the yellow tang to a blue tang and a got a larger species of clowns, would that work

useskaforevil
03/13/2008, 09:27 AM
if you could find a clown that big in comparison to the lionfish probably. and as far as i know i think most people think no tang should be in less than a 4 foot tank, with alot of people saying it should be more like 6+. but maybe there are exceptions

Drewsus1010
03/13/2008, 12:49 PM
would u say that a lion would eat cleaner hermit crabs?

joelr31
03/13/2008, 03:38 PM
I would skip the anemone.