PDA

View Full Version : please help (rotting green colony polyps)

willis87
03/12/2008, 08:05 PM
hello everyone was hoping that someone might know whats gong on with my green colony polyps aka palythoa sp., or sea mat . i have heard them called many different things and i am still unsure of their factual scientific name. Anyway they seem to have developed a predator, disease or infection. when i first got them they were a darkish green and after about two months they have turned more of a bright yellow. however this is not what concerns me. So.. they seem to have been developing a discoloration on the stem which is brown and structual like worts or almost like theyre rotting. also the infected have not been opening theyre eyelashes .Even scarier is they seem to be passing it on contagiously to others in the direct vicinity. So far i have excavated/removed the infected which seems to have slowed it abit but not completely. I know that there are anti bacterial dips i can use but have heard mixed reviews as far as success rates. Please if you have any recom.s please post. Im freaking out b/c this was a65$ frag and one of my favs.

Ps. have been spot feeding them a blend of phyto,cyclopseaze,and brine. Could this be why PS2. they have good light and med to light flow. PS3 Also looks like they have been secreting a clear film. and all water paramaters are acceptable by my stds anyway.

top right of photo(cant see infection though) to direct right of leather

650-IS350
03/12/2008, 08:32 PM
http://zoaid.com/articles004.php

willis87
03/13/2008, 01:21 AM
hey thanks for the reply, thats a really good site with many recommendations which i will surely try but i still feel like that could possibly be the wrong diagnosis. in my situation it literally looks as if the stalks are rotting (turning brown, holes, secreations, closing of eyelids) not so much a white pox.

650-IS350
03/13/2008, 06:29 AM
pics are worth a 1000 words and can provide you better diagnosis.