PDA

View Full Version : Weird color spots on juvenile Clarkii Clowns

Biocubist
03/12/2008, 09:33 PM
My Clarkii Clowns are less then 5 months old. They are developing these weird color spots around the body and fins. I looked to see if it was some kind of black ich, but I really dont that fits what I am seeing here. I will try to post a picture. Does any one have any experience with juvenile Clarkii Clowns? Thanks so much!

Toddrtrex
03/12/2008, 09:40 PM
This is a shot in the dark with the info given.....

Are they being hosted by any corals? Sometimes when clowns are hosted by corals, they get black sting spots on the body.

reefman13
03/12/2008, 09:42 PM
Are they hosting, or rubbing them selves up against any of your corals, in the day or at night?

Are they hosting an anemone?

Typically when I hear this, it is because of a fish hosting a soft coral, or any coral that stings, and the black dots, or spots are scars...essentially. Absolutely, nothing to be worried about. However, if they are protruding from the surface of the scales of the fish than it is a health/sickness issue, and will need attention.

EDIT: TODD!!!! You beat me!!!!:mad2: ;)

But that is 2 out of 2 saying that it is just sting marks...

Biocubist
03/13/2008, 07:36 AM
The only thing that they are hosting is a GBTA. There are no corals in the tank, there are some zoanthids, but they do not go near them. The marks are not elevated, it looks more like a pigmentation thing or as you both mentioned a burn mark from the anenome.