PDA

View Full Version : For all of you with spawning pairs, what is your diet?

OranguTang
03/13/2008, 12:13 PM
What are you feeding your clowns? I have a spawning pair, or should I say they USE TO spawn. Ever since I removed what they were hosting they have not spawned...maybe a year or so. But now they are hosting an anemone, I wish they would spawn. Back then I was feeding frozen brine I believe. Now I am feeding frozen mysis soaked in vitachem, formula 2 pellets, and cyclopeeze.

They have only been hosting the anemone for something like two weeks so I am not expecting anything new, just hopes.

So what are you guys feeding, and what have you had the largest egg counts with?

Toddrtrex
03/13/2008, 02:08 PM
I have never counted the number of eggs, but the spawn seems to be about the same each time. My clarkii pair has been spawning for over 5 years now. Moving my tanks, switching anemones on them has never bothered them. Heck, I can do a water change while they are spawning. (( know that wasn't your question, just some extra info since my pair seems different ))

As for feeding, most of the time it is twice a day, switch off b/t; LifeLine Herbivore mix, Prime Reef, mysis, Rod's Food, Angel formula ( got to keep my angel happy ), and Spectrum pellets.

garygb
03/13/2008, 02:20 PM
Mine mostly eat pods in the tank, whatever they can snag from the anemones and any zooxanthellae the anemones expell. Even though I don't feed the clowns directly, they spawn every 12 days or so. The egg count seems to be a couple of hundred eggs, if I were guessing.