PDA

View Full Version : quarantine tank idea need feedback

jcgoguen
03/15/2008, 08:52 PM
i was thinking about plumbing my 10 gallon quaratine tank to my 180 gallon reef...water travel... from display corner overflow to 4"sock inside 10 gallon tank. from 10 gallon tank to uv sterilizer. from uv to another 4" sock inside sump... good idea or bad idea any and all feedback is appreciated

LoganTidwell
03/15/2008, 09:12 PM
bad idea, even thought the uv takes care of a lot of stuff, it may not get everything that passes through, and you would not want your hospital treatments to get into your display, havoc awaits. and i dont think it would be possible to run hyposalinity in a q-tank that is connected to a display

Aquarist007
03/15/2008, 09:14 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12099998#post12099998 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by LoganTidwell
bad idea, even thought the uv takes care of a lot of stuff, it may not get everything that passes through, and you would not want your hospital treatments to get into your display, havoc awaits. and i dont think it would be possible to run hyposalinity in a q-tank that is connected to a display

excellent answer--agree 100 per cent:smokin:

horwitzs
03/15/2008, 09:26 PM
Fine if you are just using it as an isolation tank for injured fish or corals while they heal, or seperate non-reef friendly stuff like mantis', but the whole idea of the QT is that it doesn't share anything at all with the DT. You won't be able to use it as a "hospital" tank.

jcgoguen
03/15/2008, 09:32 PM
k guys thanks 4 the imput guess that was a good idea gone bad...or just a bad idea period