PDA

View Full Version : Mojanos Surrounding Chalice Frag?

Emc2
03/16/2008, 07:32 PM
I picked up this frag recently. I was hoping my peps would take care of the mojanos surrounding the frag but apparently my peps have been to well fed to bother with them.

I'm afraid to hit it with Joe's Juice because of the proximity to the frag but I'm also concerned that they are annoying the #$# out of the frag.

Will the Joe's Juice damage the chalice?

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/86295watermelon_frag.jpg

dan10342
03/16/2008, 07:47 PM
i dont see any majanos. just make sure there is absolutly no flow, and be careful. if your that worried, dislodge the chalice and put it on something else.

BTW i would not want to lose that chalice, so dont take my advice if your that worried.

Emc2
03/16/2008, 07:56 PM
The mojanos are the brown blur around the edges of the chalice. My photography skills are subpar at best. I can't get the camera to focus on the mojanos.

If I use JJ I'm probably going to do it out of the tank and with something b/n the chalice and the mojanos.

Maximus
03/16/2008, 08:07 PM
What about supergluing the majanos? Which watermelon is that? Looks sweet!

ViPeR_930
03/16/2008, 09:38 PM
I can see the one right at the bottom of the pic, but the ones on the sides of the chalice look different. Are you sure all of them are majanos?

Peppermints don't eat majano anemones anyways.

Emc2
03/17/2008, 05:24 AM
Maximus, I never thought of supergluing them but if it will kill the little SOBs I'm all for it.

That's the Tyree pink watermelon.

ViPeR_930, I'll take a look at them tonight and see if there is a difference but I'm pretty sure they are all the same.

Peppermints don't eat majano anemones anyways.

That would explain why they have not eaten them.

Orochimaru
03/17/2008, 07:46 AM
Looks more like aptaisa...either way you gotta get rid of it. when it is too close to my chalice, I just stab it with a toothpick and not use any chemical. Especially when it's that close to the prize. Sure that might spread it but better than killing the prize. JMO..good luck ....:)