PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!

Loon
03/16/2008, 08:40 PM
I just got my tank cycled finally and decided to get a few soft corals. More spicific, Zooanthids. I also already had some mushrooms that came on the live rock. I bought the corals about a week and a half ago and they look really happy and healthy, but today when i got home from work they looked stressed, i checked the water levels and everything is ideal, amonia 0, nitrates low, ph 8.4, do you think i need to supplement there deit? oh yeah, my lighting is 3 watts per gallon which is supposed to be ok for soft corals. Any thoughts would be appritiated im new to the salt water world thanks.

littleshark
03/16/2008, 08:41 PM
What about your nitrite? What do you have lving in the tank? Maybe the hermits or something is picking at it.

Loon
03/16/2008, 08:46 PM
i have two clown fish one peperment shrimp. and nitrites are zero, althought about two days ago after my water change the nitrates went up but not to dangerous levels.

Loon
03/16/2008, 08:51 PM
I also have two hawiian worms and they look healthy.

kevvcon
03/16/2008, 09:02 PM
coral can be weird sometimes and not fully open some days i get this problem too sometimes...i wouldnt worry too much unless they are like melting. just check on them tomorrow. feeding never hurts either

Loon
03/16/2008, 09:11 PM
Any recommendations of what to feed them or method of feeding them.

sm fragman
03/16/2008, 09:15 PM
you dont have to feed them , they feed of the waste product,, but if you wanted to give them something you could feed them a little cyclopez or something of that nature.good luck