PDA

View Full Version : Sand Moved

AquariumChicky
03/17/2008, 05:18 AM
This morning I noticed sand all over some of the rocks, and 2 piles between the rocks. Behind the one rock, the sand has been dug out. Do you think there's something in my aquarium... or maybe do you think my clowns are trying to spawn?

gdavis17
03/17/2008, 05:55 AM
I have a mated pair of maroon clowns and they always dig a little whole in the back of my tank anytime I do some aquascaping. This has been going on for about 3 years now, and to my knowledge they have never spawned. I'm not sure if they are spawning and I just don't know about it, or they are just being territorial. I just figured they are being territorial, because if I place a frag in a place they don't like they instantly knock it off, or move it.

landlord
03/17/2008, 06:18 AM
I have a female tomato clown who will bite down on the liverock. Once she has a firm grip she will shake her tail extremely quickly to move the sand. She makes large piles doing this. It has irritated me for 2 years now but it seems to be her thing.

FWIW --landlord

DLANDINO
03/17/2008, 06:35 AM
I Have a Diamond Spot Goby that does this in my tank almost nightly. Not sure if your goby does the same.

lloydkeller
03/17/2008, 09:49 AM
my clown will dig a hole in the corner at night for some reason

jimwat
03/17/2008, 10:27 AM
My Clarkii dig all of the time. Usually it is shortly after they have been fed. It appears they are foraging for leftovers. It used to annoy me when they would dig in my DSB and muck-up the tank. Now I only have an inch of sand, so when the fish turn it over is not that big of a deal.

AquariumChicky
03/17/2008, 06:32 PM
Well. I've gotten it narrowed down... either it's our clowns, or our wavemaker malfunctioned. Thanks for all the imput.