PDA

View Full Version : help me with my fungia

Egres
03/17/2008, 04:14 PM
hi
i just got this corals about a week ago and now i think its dead!!

its was in a tank with some PC i think and i put him in a tank with a 250w halide could i have bleach it???

here you can see a slide show the first 3 are went i got it and the last 3 are now

s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff196/ser_0786/?action=view&current=493982af.pbw

and last night there was some pods on it kinda eating i guess is it possible??

Egres
03/17/2008, 04:16 PM
http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff196/ser_0786/?action=view&current=493982af.pbw

this one work

Wee Duncs
03/17/2008, 04:58 PM
Hi looks like it was being affected by the sand. I've been told that the less fleshy types prefer rock/rubble. The fleshier types are ok on sand beds, sorry not a very good description the lfs showed me the different types.

Egres
03/17/2008, 05:12 PM
i know that the nassariuss snail was touching it and look like the corals was stinging the snail... dont know if it will help somebody to help me...lol... and the lfs ad it on some sand maybe not the same sand but look alike....

Jefe12234
03/17/2008, 06:42 PM
First I'd make sure there are no nearby corals that may be stinging it (doesn't appear so from your photo unless it was moved). Also make sure no shrimp/crabs/fish are picking at it. Check salinity, temperature, and alkalinity and make sure they remain stable. And secondly, I'd try to feed it at night. If it doesn't extend feeding tentacles you may still be able to feed it by turning off powerheads and placing some food on the mouth. Fungia can recover quite well as long as there are no large patches of bare skeleton and yours appears to have tissue at least between each of the skeletal ridges.

Egres
03/17/2008, 06:53 PM
ok i will tried to feed it at night ...i wish it will come back to life its sow nice bright orange

Egres
03/19/2008, 06:21 PM
well i think that its the end for my fungia :(

there was some pod on it tonight kinda eating it i guess and there is barrely any tissu left and the mought is gone sow ....

what could have done that???

1. could it have been bleach

2. maybe its the nassariuss snail (always steeling the food from the fungia at first he was winning the war but after a while the snail could walk on it sow)

3. maybe the sand (but it was on the sand at the lfs)

what to you guy think

erichatesmice
03/23/2008, 04:20 AM
Sorry for your loss. My plate's my favorite coral. I think you can eliminate #2... I have a plate and my nassaria(?) never bother it. In my limited experience, they will only take down something they sense is already dying or dead. My nassaria(?) never steals food from my plate... they never even dare climb on it.

gholtmeyer
03/23/2008, 09:15 AM
Don't throw the coral away. The fungias are amazing in that if one tiny speck of flesh is still on the skeleton, they will grow back. I will take weeks and weeks before you notice anything. It is very possible that you could have several spots start to regrow -you will have multiple fungias then.

tmz
03/23/2008, 09:56 AM
Sand and light change are likely problems. As for stealing food. They don't really need any food except natural waste s in the tank. Water q could also hurt it.

Egres
03/24/2008, 05:28 PM
thank guy i will kept a eye on it still have it in the tank just in case never know