PDA

View Full Version : Find A Friend For My Damsel

aberdeen
03/19/2008, 02:14 PM
Hi all

I have a 24g DD nanocube, with a pink watchman goby and a three stripe damsel,

What else can I add that wouldnt upset the damsel too much?

I also have one or two softies and I plan to add more soon.

Also - Has anyone had any joy with keeping a bubble tip anenome ina 24g nano cube?

Thanks in advance people

weimers75
03/19/2008, 02:37 PM
I think you're going to be very limited with your damsel unfortunately. Three-stripes tend to be very aggressive and since it is already in your tank it has claimed your tank as "his/hers". Most likely, any fish you add will get bullied and possibly killed.

As far as anemones, they will quickly outgrow a 24g.

rccub23
03/19/2008, 03:14 PM
dont want to sound harsh, but why not trade in the damsel.

sapphiredonna
03/19/2008, 03:30 PM
I've got a three spot damsel who bullied every fish I tried to put in my tank until I found a tomato clown (who are also relatively agressive). I think the two things that helped the most were the fact that the tomato clown is the same size as the damsel, and the fact that I changed tanks and introduced them at the same time. I'm betting you don't want to get a new tank but you might try moving some of the rock around so the damsel feels like she's in a new place.
(my damsel and tomato are approx. 1.5-2 inches big and have been living together in a 15 gallon for over a month now. eventually I'll have to get a bigger tank for them, but so far they seem content.)

kevvcon
03/19/2008, 09:10 PM
do what my friend did catch those guys and drop into a random tank at you lfs(one with an emperor angel in it)...haha nah dont my friend had his damsel for 3 years and it was nipping him everytime he cleaned his tank.

go with what sapphiredonna said...move some rocks around