PDA

View Full Version : I have heard popping in my tank before

Gregsgsr
03/19/2008, 10:49 PM
I just bought a pistol shrimp which i knows makes a poping noise in my tank, but before this I have heard a similar noise. I was wondering i might have a mantis in my tank. I have had some fish just disapear in my tank, but they were leopard wrasse which are hard to keep. I can never find any remains, the guy at lfs says the crabs eat them... I was wondering if anyone have any ideas how to find one of these buggers or how to get them out...

Gonodactylus
03/20/2008, 11:18 AM
If the popping was at night, it was probably a snapping shrimp since most smashing stomatopods are diurnal.

Roy

Gregsgsr
03/27/2008, 10:51 PM
anyone else

jawdubb
03/27/2008, 11:10 PM
It could be any number of things making that sound in your tank, from a snail moving with the flow and the shell tapping the glass, to a Pistol Shrimp, and it is possible that it could even be a Mantis. As far as that goes though one person to pay close attention to when it comes to Mantis Shrimp is Dr. Roy Caldwell. So if he says "if it is happening at night it was probably a pistol shrimp" I would listen. I personally have been awakened by the snails on the glass before to search and search to find the answer right in front of my nose.