PDA

View Full Version : RDSB w/plenum drain

androal
03/20/2008, 07:03 PM
Thought I would try and post this on the DIY forum to see if anyone here has suggestions:

Here is an image of the system I am building.

I'm not really sure if the use of the term "RDSB" is necessarily accurate for this system, but it describes what I am building.

Essentially the concept I am going for is redundancy and an effort to keep the DSBs separated in several different places where they can be closed off from the main system and tinkered around with if needed.

Also, I wanted the main tank to be BB with a lot of circulation.

What I am trying to figure out is whether or not it is worth plumbing the base of the 29 gallon refugiums so i can potentially flush the DSBs, or perhaps the evidence is conclisive enough out there that an adequate supply of sand sifters does the job well enough that this is not required.

I understand the general consensus of DSB w/plenum is that it really is no different than straight DSB, but for a while there, the concept of a "drainable" plenum seemed to potentially re-ignite the debate.

Is it conclusive that a drain for DSB is unnecessary?

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/18243855galRDSB.JPG

kcress
03/20/2008, 08:29 PM
DUPLICATE POST!!! SEE LATEST ONE!

androal
03/20/2008, 11:43 PM
yes! sorry! I already sent notice to admin to remove this one. Pls see latest one!