PDA

View Full Version : What is it?

fish tanked
03/21/2008, 08:47 AM
Okay so in the reef tank there is what I presume to be a tube worm. It's tube is about a mm across and about 3 or 4mm long and is in a group of 4 or 5 all seem to be joined together at the base and are whitish in color as if they are calcareous . The creatures that comes out of the tubs are various lengths the longest is really long approx 1- 1.5 feet long and is very much alive as it recoils into its tube when I disturb it. It is only maybe as thick as a human hair and appears to be dark and light banded segments that are maybe a .25 mm each. But then again this thing is super small and way back in my tank so I cannot get the best look at it... Any thoughts?

cfarrow2
03/21/2008, 09:20 AM
You won't get much of a response unless you post a picture of what you're trying to ID. The problem is that there are so many different things it could be that many people won't respond for fear that there will be a misidentification. Plus, pictures are way cool!

Cope
03/21/2008, 09:30 AM
Spaghetti worm I think.

fish tanked
03/21/2008, 10:30 AM
Yeah I wish I could get a good pic but it is about a foot and a half back in the tank and I can barely see it with my eyes much less get a decent pic...