PDA

View Full Version : Coral Glue.

AzMandella
03/21/2008, 05:41 PM
I have a branching hammer that a couple of branches broke. So what is the best glue to be able to glue it and put it back in the tank immediately ?

schigara
03/21/2008, 06:03 PM
Any gel super glue. I have used the gel super glue(cyanoacrylate) on many things, including the branches of a frogspawn and put back in the tank immediately once the pieces stuck fairly well. Never caused a problem with any SPS, LPS, or softy.

jimfed1
03/21/2008, 06:05 PM
I hear loctite brand works best. The type I have is gel but does not work for nothing. Very disappointed!!

illal
03/21/2008, 06:06 PM
ditto on the super glue gel.. any brand will work right now im using the locktight brand found at homedepot but again any brand will work... u dont even have to take the rock out, just put a glob on the end of the frag and press it against what ever rock u want and hold it for about 30 secs ;)

AzMandella
03/21/2008, 10:12 PM
Thanx. I got the locktite and it worked great. It even says for reef aquariums.

flyyyguy
03/21/2008, 11:45 PM
loctite is no better than IC gel and way more expensive.

any cyano acrylate gel will work. IC gel is available online or in most hobby store(model plane type hobby stores) 5-6 bucks for a 20 gram tube.

If you do want to step up to stronger and thicker and better get this stuff. although its kind of expensive unless you buy the 200 gram tube. (still cheaper than loctite) Its good stuff though

http://www.bhigr.com/store/product.php?productid=279

demonsp
03/22/2008, 12:16 AM
Epoxy heats up and isnt real good to use. Gel super glue is better but works best if you can find a hole in a rock to place it in then glue around it. Dont be afraid to use a drill or hammer or somethinf to shape the rock. Or super glue to smaller frag and epoxy that frag to a bigger rock.

ryan_paskadi
03/22/2008, 12:19 AM
I buy the generic super glue gel from wallgreens. Its much much cheaper than the alternatives.