PDA

View Full Version : what actual threat do flatworms pose to my tank?

madreefer14
03/21/2008, 09:14 PM
Just as the thread title states. What actual threat do flatworms cause other that when they die in massive quantities they poison the tank? Are there any other threats they pose?

demonsp
03/21/2008, 09:16 PM
Well if multipyling like rabbits and killing coral isnt enough.

madreefer14
03/21/2008, 09:23 PM
could you please be more specific? how do they kill the corals

demonsp
03/21/2008, 09:25 PM
They are a SPS likker.They will eat there poylps and after multiplying 100 times over the coral have no chance.Look here.

http://www.melevsreef.com/id/

http://home2.pacific.net.ph/~sweetyummy42/hitchhikers.html

kau_cinta_ku
03/21/2008, 09:45 PM
depends on the type of flat worms. not all flat worms will kill SPS or any other corals. i have Red Planaria flatworms and yes they do multiply they will die off they are more of an eyesore than anything else.

madreefer14
03/21/2008, 09:55 PM
I'm not sure what kind of flatworms I have. All I know is that they are flatworms and about the size of a pencil dot. I do know that my lobophila and moon coral has been loosing tissue. Sam have you had any purchases from MC and if so have you had any problems with flatworms?

demonsp
03/21/2008, 09:57 PM
I left 2 good ID links.You should find them .

madreefer14
03/21/2008, 10:00 PM
easy tex i'll get to them

demonsp
03/21/2008, 10:05 PM
LOL.
Wasnt sure if you saw them. Whats Iowa,flat land and fields of grain? I forget.Almost said potatoes.HEHE

madreefer14
03/21/2008, 10:08 PM
Thanx for the links demonsp. I had those in my old computer but had some trouble importing my favorites to this new computer. Just been too busy. melevesreef is fairly easy to find but chucks addiction was a little trickier.

Looks like Chuck's been busy adding new stuff to his website. I love the hitchhiker's guide.

kau_cinta_ku
03/21/2008, 10:10 PM
who is MC?

and iowa is bean and corn:d yes flat but not as bad as nebraska lol that land is flat and boring as heck driving through lol

madreefer14
03/21/2008, 10:22 PM
minicriters. I 80 thru Nebraska is cruel and unusual punnishment. That will be my children's punnishment should they skip class. No Ipod. no portable dvd player no books, just good ol I-80.

kau_cinta_ku
03/21/2008, 10:43 PM
i have only bought a couple of fish from MC 1 hippo tang which is doing great and a couple cardinal fish that didn't make it very long, never bought any corals from them though. my flat worms could have came from a few places but like i said they have never done any harm to anything in my tank, before there were lots of them, now i only see a few here or there so not much of an eyesore anymore, and i don't plan on doing anything about them.

i was gonna treat the tank with flatworm exit but after talking to travis and grant they said not to worry about them. and i know they know their stuff.

as for I-80 that road is great punishment. not a dang thing to see, you would think they would make it a little more intresting to drive on lol.