PDA

View Full Version : NO3 & Sulphur

wesheltonj
03/22/2008, 10:22 AM
I have seen the Korallin Sulphur reactors to remove NO3. Does any one have any experince with then good or bad? And has anyone DIY one of these reactors?

I cannot get my NO3 down below 20 using API test (I think you are suppost to divide that number by 4.4 to get the "real" number, but I am not sure) no matter what I do, Water changes, Clam, Cheato.

reefergeorge
03/22/2008, 10:46 AM
How old is your tank, and did you use base rock or live?

I set up my 90 with base rock, and a few good pieces of live rock. For the first year I couldn't get my nitrates below 15 (api). Then they all of a sudden went to 0 without changing anything.

wesheltonj
03/22/2008, 07:01 PM
My tank is 2 years old. I had 160lbs of live rock, but just removed 30lbs a three weeks ago because I have bought some larger rock with variuos interverts. It has never been below 20 from the day it was new. Of my rock about five peices are base, it is all fuji live rock.

DarthBaiter
03/22/2008, 09:49 PM
There's a good DIY thread on Sulur denitraifiers.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1288082

If you are buying one, the Koallin is a very well made unit. I recomend itover the MidWest system one, as my midwest leaked from all the glued PVC joints from day one.
The Koallin PVC is better designed so that it has less pressure on the joints. The mid west has a bigger chameber though.

DarthBaiter
03/22/2008, 09:50 PM
dbl post...