PDA

View Full Version : Tunze 9002 Nano Skimmer

prsammons
03/23/2008, 05:00 PM
I'm thinking about getting a Tunze 9002 Nano Skimmer for my 20 gallon tank. I have other Tunze products, but I haven't heard anything good or bad about their skimmers. I'd appreciate any information about the 9002 or other nano skimmers.

TScripa
03/23/2008, 06:39 PM
I run one of these in mu 29 gal Biocube. I works very well but requires that you keep your water level constant. If it drops more than 1/2" is will definitely reduce efficiency. It also took about two weeks to break in, so you will need to be patient.

dpdp225
03/23/2008, 08:54 PM
I have 3. I started with one in my 20 gallon long and then added them also to my 24g and 12g. They're great. The new ones now come with magnet holders which are a lot better than the other older mounting option. I used to try and keep the water level right at the mark but found that if the water is above you'll get a wetter skimmate. Below the line a much drier skimmate. So I don't worry about the water line any more. They still work really well. Customer service is excellent BTW. Any time I email a question, always get a quick reply.

in2deep
03/24/2008, 07:00 PM
I just got a used one from a forum member and it was pulling out brown stuff within minutes of putting it in the tank. It's very quiet and easy to adjust with no fiddling around. Tunze rocks!