PDA

View Full Version : My bleaching (or RTN) actually stopped!!!

Mr James
03/23/2008, 09:01 PM
Never had that happen before. It started to lose it's outer tissue, So I clipped it from it's base and glue the one of the tips to another frag mount. The body of the coral was rapidly losing the battle. Then all of a sudden the tissue recession stopped. Te result is a fairly white body with a few limbs that are in tact. Weird!!?!!

I'm a little embarrassed to post a pic because of my HA, but may do so anyway. I can't remember the name of the coral species, other than it's an SPS and very colorful.

NanoReefWanabe
03/24/2008, 06:43 AM
Hair algae and SPS dont get along as there is usually far too much phosphates in the tank for SPS to thrive...

glad you won the battle...i find any time i get STN it is a direct result of the ALK dropping, and fortunately i have a good indicator Acro in my tank that sheds like a lizard when the alk has the slightest swing...makes it easy for me to catch..poor little coral though...it is having a hard time growing...slow grower to begin with...alk awing every three months dosent help him either...