PDA

View Full Version : What can i put under t5's

pontiac2002gtp
03/24/2008, 07:59 AM
I just got a new tank its a 225 gallon. It has 12 36" t5 bulbs run by 3 icecap 660 ballast it also has single icecap reflectors on the bulbs. I was wondering what kinds of coral i can have with this setup? Also how long will the bulbs last? I was also considering upgrading the skimmer it has an etss 800 with a mag 18 pump would i be any better off buying the new msx 300 when it comes out? Thanks for your help im new to all this.

Rodrigo_BG
03/24/2008, 08:46 AM
You can have all you want, softs to stones...

As far as corals colors is in concern I can state that T5 bulbs endurance flows between 6 to 8 months...

photobret
03/24/2008, 09:48 AM
Make sure the end caps are cooled by fans and you should replace them every 8 months, there doesnt seem to be a hard and fast rule for T5, keep an eye on growth and take it from there. Actinics burn out faster than others so you may have to replace those first. Skimmer wise, its a tough choice as everyone will give you their 2c worth. Try the ETSS and if you dont like it then upgrade later, the MSX-300 sounds very promising.

Depending on how deep your tank is, everything will be fine in your tank, concentrate on water quality and the rest will follow.