PDA

View Full Version : New Flame Angel When will it start eatting?

happyface888
03/24/2008, 01:56 PM
Well saw a nice small one at a fish store and bought the little guy. I haven't added fish in my tank for so long. And I kind of forgot how long it takes for a fish to eat. Now how long does it take a flame to start accepting food? I tried flakes, pellets, and mysis. Its been 2 days so far. I just hope it eats soon.

flfireman1
03/24/2008, 02:39 PM
I personally wouldnt buy a fish unless I see it eating at the LFS. My flame angel was eating like a pig at the LFS and has continued to do so in my reef tank. So far he has been a perfect citizen......with that being said...try live brine. Its hard for a fish to resist those.

OranguTang
03/24/2008, 03:01 PM
I am sure this is getting old...I say it all the time LOL.

I have never had a fish refuse LIVE brine shrimp they just gobble them up, that is how my lemonpeel got eating.

Make sure you get it feeding on greens though, they need a good balanced diet.

Mine never took to pellets but loved seaweed select algae strips.

davidhughes85
03/24/2008, 08:42 PM
I have a 20l that im planning on putting a lemonpeek in...I have 3 large bunches of mexican calpura, will he eat this until he starts eating other things?

kevin2000
03/25/2008, 12:00 AM
I agree with the LBS comment ... in fact I always bring home LBS when I purchase a new fish ... best way to jump start a fish into eating mode.

happyface888
03/25/2008, 01:36 PM
Thats interesting but don't think any of my fish stores have any.

kevin2000
03/25/2008, 01:46 PM
Try the FW stores ... SW stores don't tend to carry but there always seem to be a few FW stores that do.

flameangel88
03/25/2008, 01:58 PM
I don't think they're fuzzy eaters. Don't worry if you've a lot of LRs. They probably will graze LRs first couple of days then will nip frozen mysis then on to pellets. I've six of them but not all of them goes after nori.

btw--happyface
ever since you posted that thrd about the PBT fighting it's own shallow I notice mine doing the same. It was growing till it starting to go back and forth in front of the tank and doesn't eat as agrressive as it used to. It looks healthy but just doesn't eat as much and don't notice any growth. Any update on that?

OranguTang
03/25/2008, 03:13 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12170474#post12170474 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by davidhughes85
I have a 20l that im planning on putting a lemonpeek in...I have 3 large bunches of mexican calpura, will he eat this until he starts eating other things?

I would not recommend putting a centropyge in a 20g (long I assume).