PDA

View Full Version : 4 picassos, 2 BTAs, and 1 Tank.... Possible?

143gadgets
03/24/2008, 10:52 PM
I would love to keep them all in one tank, but from what I understand this isn't really possible. Are there any of you with experience keeping multiple pairs of Tank-Bred fish in the same tank?

Thanks!

Jamie1210
03/25/2008, 12:25 AM
If you get them all as juveniles, it's more likely that they'll be able to coexist, but then again, you will need a bigger tank (def. not a nano lol), and several anemones ... you might be able to. i've seen tanks of several pairs of clowns, and they are living in different anemones ... i've also seen tanks filled w/juvies all living together in multiple anemones.

reef rico
03/25/2008, 12:50 AM
It would be a very rare to see them get along peace fully and it depends on what size tank you have. A clownfish has a hierachy. At the top the female then male and then the juveniles. At some point in the sea juviniles challenge the male or female. If they win they chase the dominant female or male away and most likely kill them and if they loose the male or female chases them off and kills them. Even if they dont get killed they are nearly always banished from the group.

143gadgets
03/25/2008, 10:44 AM
Thanks! My tank will be 48x24x18 ~90g. I hope to have 2-3 BTAs.

Eklikewhoa
03/26/2008, 06:31 AM
The BTAs will not be your problem as long and you can keep up with the waste but the clowns will become a problem.