PDA

View Full Version : Acro won't colour up...

fuschia_red
03/25/2008, 09:21 AM
A friend of mine gave me this fairly decent size colony of Acros. Unfortunately, it's brown. It's really bizzare. He's given me small frags of other SPS that are doing EXTREMELY well in my tank, beautiful blue and purples but this one acro colony...I cannot for the life of me figure it out. Of course, he said he had trouble himself and since my tank isn't all that overloaded with stony corals, he thought I should give it a shot. For the first 3 weeks I had it in one spot fairly high up on the tank; no luck so 4 weeks ago I moved it to a higher location (even moved a few of my frags in order to accomodate the move). Still brown.

Is it normal for some acros to stay brown?

slojmn
03/25/2008, 10:38 AM
Maybe its natural color is brown? There are many corals that are naturally tan or brown, it is a distinct possibility if both of you can't get any other color out of it.

-=Efrain=-
03/25/2008, 10:44 AM
Post a picture in the ID forum and we can try to help..

fuschia_red
03/25/2008, 10:45 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12174073#post12174073 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by slojmn
Maybe its natural color is brown? There are many corals that are naturally tan or brown, it is a distinct possibility if both of you can't get any other color out of it.

That really sux. There's ALOT of polyps on this colony too. It's the only coral in my tank that is brown. I'm going to give it another month or two and if I don't see any improvement, I may have to work out some kind of a trade.

DanInSD
03/25/2008, 11:58 AM
Brown is actually one of the more common colors out there in the "real world" (TM). See, for example:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1353553

nismo driver
03/25/2008, 12:14 PM
i had a brown acro for about a year it was solidbrown but the shade of brown varied slightly, eventually it stated to show some signs of green but shortly after i had some sort of tank crash and lost half my stuff including this one, it was very frustrating to loose it after finally seeing some progress after so long.