PDA

View Full Version : Stock list and Feeding Questions

intenseimage
03/25/2008, 01:18 PM
Just wanted to double check on my stock list to see if I am pushing my limits for the tank or to see if I have some wiggle room for another addition -- as well as feeding schedules

Tank is a 75g RR with 29g sump

Stocklist:

(5) Blue/Green Reef Chromis
(2) Clowns - one perc and one osc that get along GREAT
Solar Fairy Wrasse
Kole Tang
Yellow Watchman Goby
Diamond Goby

Pistol Shrimp
Cleaner Shrimp

Tons of small nerite and cerith snails

(6) BIG Turbos

(3) Emeralds - one is HUGE and looks nasty with those claws but we watch him CLOSE and he is behaving himself with fish and coral. The minute he steps out of line -- to the sump he goes!

Tank has been running since early Feb with small additions every week or so. Live sand was used as well as FULLY cured rock. My cycle was little to none and the patches of algae on the rocks that did pop up were rapidly consumed by the snails. The diatoms on the sand the diamond took care of, and the small patch of hair algae that I was battling for a bit the tang took care of when he was added.

Now that everything is sparkling and corraline is taking off (dosing 2 part) we have been upping the feeding schedule.

We have been trying to feed every day (2 cubes PE Mysis and some Rods Food) and everyone seems fat and happy. The open brain looks likes its going to pop its soo chubby and the acans are little pigs.

Is feeding 2+ cubes daily too much or should we continue this path. The skimmer pulls nasty skimmate and I am barely even getting that algae haze on the glass anymore!

jakaufman
03/25/2008, 01:34 PM
seems like you have plenty of fish in there. I would definitely not add anymore but as long as you are keeping up with maintenance it should be fine.

You may have added everything a bit quickly considering its been only running about 2 months. Hopefully you don't get any algae outbreaks and the bacteria has grown in quickly enough.

intenseimage
03/25/2008, 01:40 PM
Sand and rock came from an previously established tank that was running for over 2 yrs