PDA

View Full Version : Ain't they cute?

ZLTFUL
03/25/2008, 02:00 PM
Proud new papa here...After my Occelaris passed away (my first fish and she would eat from my hand...I miss her alot) I decided I was going to do one of two things...either I was going to get myself a pair of Percs or I was going to get a big GSM and a nice healthy BTA, preferably green.
Well, a local friend needed to order some things from LA so I decided what the heck and checked to see what they had it stock. They had small percs so I decided to order a pair.
They delivered them on Saturday and that night, I put them in the QT tank....
So without further ado, let me introduce Frick and Frack:
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa289/ZLTFUL/Tank%20Pics/DSC_0296.jpg
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa289/ZLTFUL/Tank%20Pics/DSC_0297.jpg

They have already shown dominant/submissive traits with the larger of the two returning the floppy side shimmy dance to the smaller one. They fought a little bit the first day but now they don't swim more than a few inches from each other 90% of the time.

a2fire2i
03/25/2008, 04:36 PM
Cool! Are they eating yet? Ive ordered from LA before and was very impressed!

Reef Ruler
03/25/2008, 04:53 PM
They're looking good! I like how on the percs, the black kind of meets in between the first and second bars. Whats that thing you have in the QT tank?

Question for you though--You said something about the "shimmy dance." This whole time I thought mine were sick and having seizures lol. Well, the littler one does it to the bigger one, and the bigger one ignores it? Whats that supposed to mean?

Tofumushrooman
03/25/2008, 04:54 PM
very nice pair of clowns you got there. Were they from the divers den or ordered regularly?

ZLTFUL
03/25/2008, 05:12 PM
Ordered regularly. I got lucky with one being slightly bigger.
The neon thing is just a resin structure. I got it instead of PVC fittings for them to hide in in QT.

Actually, the smaller one will grab the larger one's anal fin, and give it a tug, the larger one will then turn and charge the smaller one. The smaller one then flops on it's side and twitches a bit...reminds me of what my 6 line wrasse does to his reflection...the larger one will then back off a little bit and do the same thing back...

As far as eating, they have been eating everything I put in the tank...formula 1 and 2 flake, some frozen mixed, and a "green" flake that is mostly algaes and seaweed. My frozen mix has garlic in it as well...

dc
03/25/2008, 05:20 PM
Those are cute. I really miss my percs.

DazedandConfuse
03/25/2008, 05:34 PM
They are adorable! Do you think that they will turn black?

ZLTFUL
03/25/2008, 07:18 PM
I am kind of mixed feelings on that. I hope they do to an extent...