PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about BTAs

Appaloosa1224
03/26/2008, 12:24 PM
I'm considering buying a small GBTA with pink tips for my 16g bowfront. This would be my first anemone, but I have been keeping nanoreefs for 5 years now. I have 2 of these fixtures on my tank
http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.aspx?SearchStr=2x&action=view&idProduct=CU01136&idCategory=FILTFIT5T5&category=18_inch_Current_USA_Nova_Extreme_2x20_watt_T5_HO_10K_460nm_<20in_Units&vendor=

Everything is growing very well in my tank. Softies, LPS, and some SPS, mostly montis. The only issue I'm having at the moment is a small outbreak of flatworms. I plan on doing a FW dip to eliminate these. Would the flatworms be at all harmful to a BTA? Fish are a pair of ocellaris clowns and a clown goby. I have one sexy shrimp.

Should I cover the intakes of the pump and filter with bridal veil to prevent him from getting sucked up?

Tell me everything and anything about these guys.

Here is a photo of the tank.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f196/Appaloosa1224/16%20Bowfront/3-9-08051.jpg

SeanT
03/26/2008, 01:14 PM
Not to be a downer but it doesn't look like you have room in there for an anenome.

They grow and they can harm corals.

Moonstream
03/26/2008, 02:30 PM
I would skip it, it is VERY likely that you will lose coral, and they grow pretty big, so after the initial move you will then lose more coral as it grows. nice tank BTW!

SeanT
03/26/2008, 04:06 PM
Yeah, for sure, your tank is gorgeous. :thumbsup:

Appaloosa1224
03/26/2008, 05:23 PM
Yeah, I'm going to have to move some coral out of this tank to make some room, but thats not a huge deal. I have 2 other tanks that some things can go into, but they don't have the lighting for an anemone. I'm hopefully adding more rock soon too. Other than that, I should be good?

cbowman
03/26/2008, 06:57 PM
Well you definately will have to cover that intake or else it will for sure get sucked up, the thing is is that bta's can get up to 14 inches wide. and that will probably cover your whole tank it looks like. so if you do a tank that small it will probably have to be an anemone only tank........ or a species tank. you could do it with the ligths especially if you alraedy have sps in there. im worried about room, and your intake.