PDA

View Full Version : How to feed Cyclopeeze?

Tennyson
03/26/2008, 03:52 PM
So I have been reading that adding cyclopeeze makes lps corals open up so spot feeding would be easier. So I got some, added some, but their mouths aren't opening up.

So does cyclopeeze actually affect corals? How much do I add for 50 gallons (I rounded up from 46 gallons)?

Thanks!

basser1
03/26/2008, 03:56 PM
I have the frozen cyclopeeze. I cut a little off of the cube and let it thaw in a small container of tank water. I turn off all powerheads for about 30 minutes. I use a turkey baster to target feed them. My fish, inverts, and corals love it. Especially the LPS corals!

happyface888
03/26/2008, 05:47 PM
How do you get torches, frogspawms and hammers to eat it?

llewoh05
03/27/2008, 02:26 PM
just turn off the powerheads and quirt the cyclo in the general direction. they will take it from there.

musty baby
03/27/2008, 04:19 PM
Squirting over the polyps any food or the water frozen food is thawed in will usually entice lps to open their mouths.

I use a plastic syringe from a pharmacy. They're cheap and more directional, I feel you lose less than you would with a turkey baster.

Euphyllia are known for not always taking food. My torch will latch on and draw it in like an anemone. My frogspawn eats nothing, afaik. I've never even seen anything stick to it.

Tennyson
03/27/2008, 04:57 PM
Hmm, well, I just wanted the corals to open their mouths so I could spot feed chunks of food, instead of feeding them at night when their mouths are open. It seems like you all turn off powerheads, could this be why? I'll try the baster technique and see if they open their mouths. How much should I add?