PDA

View Full Version : Most Overstocked Tank evur!?

asonitez
03/27/2008, 10:40 AM
I just visited a fellow reefer who's been doing it for about 1 year now.. he has

1 Sand Sifting Goby
1 Yellow tang
1 Power Blue Tang
1 Flame angel
1 Signapore Angel
6 Blue/Green Chromis
1 Fire Fish
1 Hawkfish
1 Blue Tang (Dory)
1 Unicorn Tang
1 Blood Shrimp
1 Coral Banded Shrimp
1 Cleaner Shrimp
1 6 line Wrasse
1 False Perc Clown
1 Foxface Rabbit Fish
1 Lunar Wrasse
1 Anthias

90Gal Tank

Everyone seems healthy and eats readily I guess.. Thing is this guy is like blatantly disregarding any of those practices that I've seen and heard. That stocking list is incredible. I asked him how he was doing it and he said nothing special just weekly water changes 2 reactors and a fairly large HOB fuge on the sump. His only grief he said is when his tang Poops o.O....

Anyone ever heard of this..

oh yea his fish are not full grown though.

kar93
03/27/2008, 10:42 AM
There was a guy on here, il try find the thread i think it was in china he had a 180(i think) full of tangs and angels i think there was 80+ fish in it.

asonitez
03/27/2008, 10:49 AM
80 fish in a 180... did they live? I think i counted 23 fish in this guys tank but it didn't seem like a lot at all.

kar93
03/27/2008, 10:52 AM
they all seemed fat and disease free but im sure an ich outburst is on its way.I cant find that thread anywhere but ill keep looking.

asonitez
03/27/2008, 10:54 AM
one thing i could never figure out.. does the tank size stunt the growth of the fish? like say if you got 5 juvi yellow tangs. would they stay the same size given the fact that the tank size isn't changing?

psteeleb
03/27/2008, 11:01 AM
most of those fish will stay small and not be much bioload, and as long as they are not hassling each other he should be fine. The real issue is the 4 tangs and foxface as they will all get fairly large and may become aggressive or creat bio load issues..