PDA

View Full Version : Monti cap bleaching

kurplunk
03/27/2008, 06:15 PM
One of my monti caps is bleaching fast. The tissue turns brown then starts peeling away like it's rtn. It's happening fast. no other cap is affected.

kurplunk
03/27/2008, 06:42 PM
Anybody have an idea what might be causing this?

NanoReefWanabe
03/27/2008, 07:00 PM
pics?

bad lights? not enough light...

how big is the cap...i see this all the time at the LFS cap...it is huge and whole bottom of it is brown and sluffing off...

mine bleaches from time to time, when it starts to grow over itself...then i break the lighten part off and mount it to a frag plug...

if it is turning brown then it isnt bleaching....brown can be associated with not enough light...too much PO4, too much food...possibly a disease?

kurplunk
03/27/2008, 07:06 PM
It's not the light, and it's the face of the cap not the part where the cap grows over. It almost looks like brown jelly on lps. I have tons of sps in the same vicinity, including other caps. What could be causing this.

melanotaenia
03/27/2008, 07:29 PM
how long has the monti been in the tank? did you dip the coral before putting into your system? Any reason to suspect infestation? Any changes in water chemistry/lighting lately?

NanoReefWanabe
03/27/2008, 07:44 PM
how the heck did i double post that?

kurplunk
03/27/2008, 11:34 PM
The cap has been a part of my system for about 2 years with no issues. I've fragged this piece successfully many times and im sure there are no probs with pest. Oh well farewell to a nice piece. It was the Tyree neon green aquituberculata, so nice.