PDA

View Full Version : Clam and SPS tank Question

Lenny C
03/28/2008, 01:50 AM
I'm planng a new system with a 36x24x13 tank. The goal is to have a look down tank with an open top. I want to have both clams and SPS in the tank. I'm planing on getting either Tunze nano streams 6055's or a Vortex so I can throttle back the water when I want to get a good look from top.

Now the question: Will the clams be fine with the high flow that the SPS are goning to require? Can I do a blanceing act with flow so they are both happy or am I just going to have to stick to one and not the other?

Dose anyone have a look down tank with SPS? If you do could you post pics. Thanks.

Dave

fuschia_red
03/28/2008, 02:24 AM
I have very good friend who has a zero-edge. It is most impressive although the maintenance is tedious. You want a look down setup...you can bet anything that you'll not be disappointed by a zero-edge. He keeps SPS, LPS and zoas. The flow is minimal unfortunately. He doesn't keep clams but for what he has, it's beautiful.

johnnybravo234
03/28/2008, 11:40 AM
If you are going to have a lot of flow stick with croceas or maximas. They are fine in flow as long as the mantle is not getting flopped backward. I have an sps tank and Im currently adding a 20g long to the system just for the clams. My squamosas hate the flow.

jpa0741
03/28/2008, 04:40 PM
I have 2 squammi's and 1 crocea in my current tank (92g). I plan to add these to my new tank that is filling now. It will be an SPS tank with about 50x turnover. I don't think it will be a problem as my tank now has around 50x turnover but mixed reef.

volcom69
03/28/2008, 09:07 PM
I have a dersea and a crocea in my sps tank which is a 55g with 2 vortechs and the dersea seems to like the flow also.