PDA

View Full Version : A quick T5 bulb question

coker98
03/28/2008, 09:43 AM
I would like to know if any reefers have any experience with or comments on the intensity of the sfiligoi actinic bulbs. They are on sale on a different site and I need to change bulbs soon.

jennmac415
03/28/2008, 10:02 AM
coker, I just ordered 2 of them to try them out...Grim, the RC T-5 guru has said they are fine as far as actinic bulbs go...let me see if I can find what he says about them...

coker98
03/28/2008, 10:34 AM
Thanks. I planned on running 5 of these with 3 12k bulbs.

jennmac415
03/28/2008, 10:36 AM
well I can't seem to find the thread where Grim talked about them... I will keep trying and post it if I do.

Cool... let me see a picture of your tank with that bulb combo when you get it going.

jennmac415
03/28/2008, 10:37 AM
hey... I see you are in oregon. where? I moved to KS from Tigard. We lived there 8 years.

coker98
03/28/2008, 10:53 AM
I am living in Corvallis right now but I am moving back to Las Vegas soon. I am originally from there. It might be awhile before any pics come around as I plan on renovating. I am drilling for closed loop and repainting and the tank is barren as I am moving and tried to sell most of the livestock. I just have a perc clownfish pair, a cherub anglefish that I cant catch and a shrimp goby with a buch of SPS frags. Anyways thanks for the help!! It is greatly appreciated. I think that I will just buy these and go with some 11ks from d-d. But when I set everything up I will be sure to post.

jennmac415
03/28/2008, 11:07 AM
I will look forward to seeing your pics. I should get these bulbs on Monday, I will post pics when I get them in.

coker98
03/28/2008, 02:36 PM
Okay, so I just ordered my bulbs. I got ....

3xAquablue+(Geissmann)
4xSuper actinic blue 03(Sfiligoi)
1xBlue plus(ATI)
1x14K Aquablue(UVI)

I guess I will get them in about a week and post some result on how the color change is. Right now I am running

GenX Actinic
Actinic+
11k Aquablue+
11k Aquablue+
6k Midday
11k Aquablue+
Actinic +
GenX Actinic

It is too sunny for my liking right now but the bulbs are also almost two years old and the effieciency may have cut down along with the color. I am going for good color in the slight blueish range along with the lights being able to be bright enough to give good growth rates. we will see how these bulbs go.