PDA

View Full Version : What are signs of a unhealthy or dieing anemone?

FishAreFriends2
03/29/2008, 01:54 PM
As title says,
What are signs of a unhealthy anemone?
What are signs of a dieing anemone?
Thanks

garygb
03/29/2008, 04:38 PM
An open mouth that stays that way for days, unattached, limp and no movement for hours. If you posted pics and gave more information, we might be able to help.

dragonette
03/29/2008, 07:29 PM
they usually disembowel themselves also (vomit thier guts out of thier mouth)

usually a anemone will disentegrate before its completely dead. Check the foot portion as thats the first thing to start to go bad most of the time. If it looks all gushy and its falling apart.... your anemone is kicking the reef bucket!

Good Luck... most of the time the anemone will just look ****ed for a little while but will recover. Just becasue he looks funny doesnt necessarily mean hes dying.

inachu
03/30/2008, 10:58 AM
this will be good for me to learn.
The simple stuff to fix I think would be to wipe away the salt buildup on the light fixture as this will take away what it needs.
check heat and ph.
Is yours next to an competing anemone?

FishAreFriends2
04/03/2008, 10:50 AM
I'm just gathering info :D, don't have a dying nem but would like to know the signs if I ever fall in there. It'd be kind of hard to check the base wouldn't it? Say if my nem hides in a hole, I wouldn't be able to see it. And does anyone have pics of a nem spilling its guts out, I'd like to see a pic so I would know and also could you give me more information about a nem being limp?

reefnut1
04/03/2008, 03:43 PM
It is normal for them to go in and out of the rocks so dont let that make you think they are sick. But I find if they like where they are at they seem to stay there for years.