PDA

View Full Version : power went out then back on but ACjr didnt

bad santa
03/31/2008, 12:21 PM
My power company had a scheduled power shut down this morning. After a few hours the power came back on but the ACjr din not. I have a removable GFCI plug that had been tripped by the power spoke. I pressed the reset button and the CF lights flickered for a sec. and thats it, nothing came back on. Am I missing something here? I thought after a power outage the controller will start to turn on things one at a time. I will be changing out the removable GFCI with a permanent GFCI wall receptacle.

bad santa
03/31/2008, 12:37 PM
I forgot to add that i finally got it running after unplugging the AC for a few seconds and reseting the fuse on the DC8.

kenargo
03/31/2008, 01:32 PM
It is possible with any computer device that a spike in power could cause the device to incorrectly reset. It sounds like this might be the case taking onto account your description and corrective action.

dougchambers
03/31/2008, 05:16 PM
Ed,

Do you have any If Power statements to stage the system restart after a power outage? Just to confirm, you don't have the power supply for the AC controller plugged into a DC8 right? What is connected to the DC8?

You must have the circuit breaker model of DC8 and not a fuse model or you would have to crack open the cover to dig for a fuse. The CB models are definitely easier to get back up and running...

bad santa
03/31/2008, 06:21 PM
doug, i have the power for the DC8 plugged into the GFCI plug. The power for the controller is plugged into the other wall socket that is non GFCI protected right now but will be this weekend.