PDA

View Full Version : last minute order tweaking advice

G13
04/01/2008, 09:50 PM
I was looking to placing an order with you guys and had some questions. Pretty easy questions but don't want any surprises.

#1. I have a 125 AGA RR tank and had a question about the return plumbing. My return is 3/4" pvc and was wondering if the 3/4" lockline thread would screw into that perfectly? I'm looking for added flow, would I get more flow if I then added a 3/4" to 1/2" lockline reducer?

#2. Magfloat magnets, I know the medium magfloat is suggested for a 125 but am I better off going with the Large magnet?

#3. Aquacitnic constellation riser legs. How much will it rise the fixture above the top of the tank? Can you adjust the height?

#4. Penductor/educators....Will any of these give me a wideflow if I put them at the end of the locline?

I'll be placing an order tomorrow and would like to get this by friday (chicago).

Thanks,

Gabriel

jasonfrey
04/02/2008, 08:09 AM
Hi Gabriel,

#1. Lockline will screw into standard 3/4" PVC, so that will match up fine. You will get more FLOW keeping 3/4" line all the way through. If you go down to 1/2, you will loose flow, but force coming out will feel stronger, but you loose overall flow rate, so I would stick with 3/4.

#2. I would recommend the Large. I use the large on my 30g and it's not too strong. The medium is fine for diatom algae cleaning, but won't get the stuborn stuff off.

#3. We'll have to check on the Risers, i think it's around 3-4" and not adjustable, but we'll check on that.

#4. They don't really do a wide flow, just increase your overall flow. It might spread out a little, but not much.