PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the Favia is doomed?

fittiger
04/02/2008, 02:21 PM
I was looking in to getting a favia coral. I have had a potters angel in my tank for a year who has never touch a coral in my tank as far as I can tell. I've had acros, euphylliads (the only LPS I've ever owned), mushrooms, yumas, ricordeas (fl), zoanthids. Everyone says angels pick at brain corals.

My question is will he more than likely go after this coral when it is added to my system?

gcarroll
04/02/2008, 02:22 PM
only one way to find out!

fittiger
04/02/2008, 02:25 PM
If you were a betting man, what would you say the chance of him picking on these would be?

gcarroll
04/02/2008, 03:12 PM
It's a beautiful fish. Favias are beautiful corals. Decide which one you like more. Remember it's easier to get rid of a coral than it is to get rid of a fish. At least it is in a large tank.

fittiger
04/02/2008, 03:26 PM
The fish stays. Thats why the trepitdation to order an expensive coral just to feed my fish. Maybe I'll find local inexpensive small frag to see if its his taste.

Sheol
04/02/2008, 08:42 PM
I've never noticed my Cherub bugging my Favid corals. I did see a quick peck at the skeleton of a Trachyphyllia but I thing he is a bigger risk to my Zoa's than stony corals. Plus there is some algae growing on part of that one. I need to examine my Params COMPLETELY soon. Thinking I've got Phosphate issues.

Matthew

fittiger
04/02/2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the input. : )