PDA

View Full Version : Maid Service not so good.

connpatd
04/02/2008, 03:31 PM
I bought some medium size cleaner shrimp (x2) a couple of weeks ago, but so far I haven't seen either of them grooming any of my fish. They don't appear to be afraid of the fish, and their size compared to all my fish is such that I doubt they are afraid they'll be gobbled up; my fish are all barely bigger than the shrimps.

Does it take a while for the cleaners to, ah, start cleaning or did I get some lazy ones?

gws76
04/02/2008, 03:36 PM
Not completely sure on this. Only one of my clowns have buddied up with a cleaner shrimp. It took quite awhile, not sure of the time frame.

gws76
04/02/2008, 03:37 PM
Also, patience, it may happen and may not.

papagimp
04/02/2008, 03:45 PM
gws said it well, it may happen, and it may not. No guarantee on them. They could very easily be lazy and used to being target fed, or just havn't setup their "cleaning station" yet. When they are ready, they'll pick a spot and the fish will go to them to get cleaned. If the fish don't feel they need a cleaning, probably won't notice this behavoir. And then ya got those fun cleaner shrimps that won't stop cleaning and chase down little fish often injuring them in the process of trying to excessivly and unwantedly clean em.