PDA

View Full Version : Octopus NW 150 Air tube noise

fishnugget
04/04/2008, 04:36 AM
anyone having this problem. Major noise coming from air tube. Quite distracting. I bought unit used and it had mesh mod in on it. Skims like crazy. Sometimes does not start up. Have to remove mod & reseat. Noticed one of impeller arms broken.

Any one know where to get new impeller? New mod material?

MSU Fan
04/04/2008, 08:25 AM
new impeller? marinesolutionsinc.com

New mod material? premiumaquatics or ebay

I had replaced the little air line that came with it with RO line to allow more air into the skimmer, and I made my long enough to go through a hole I drilled in the top cover of the skimmate container. That way that container is the silencer.

I also had the problem with it not starting up every once in a while. No answers there.

fishnugget
04/04/2008, 04:32 PM
ddd

Jefe12234
04/05/2008, 09:10 AM
I bought latex tubing for my airline. It has great flexibility, but seems to conduct air noise. I can hear noise coming from the side of the tubing, not just the end. I don't know what you're using, but maybe a different kind of airline material (like vinyl) would work better. Also, I found that my skimmer will start up with just a slight hesitation when I use only two layers of flatback mesh, but I prefer to use three and just blow in the airline to start it. It still runs at a safe wattage and isn't a big deal for me. As for the impeller, you can order a new one but mine had a couple broken arms and I just cut off the opposing arms to balance the impeller. It runs fine, I'm just careful not to bend any more of them when I redo my mesh mod.

USC-fan
04/05/2008, 09:17 AM
Is it a sucking sound? You can make a silencer for that.

fishnugget
04/05/2008, 03:10 PM
how do you make a silencer

fishnugget
04/06/2008, 07:08 AM
hhhh

tpenn187
04/06/2008, 07:40 AM
take an old film container, black with gray cap. and drill a hole on one end for your air line hose, put cotton or tissue in it and drill the same size hole on the other side. it will take care of your noise issue.

Harley Fish
04/06/2008, 07:48 AM
the guy above knows his ****!!

fishnugget
04/06/2008, 08:26 AM
Thanks guys!!!