PDA

View Full Version : Acii

60Cubed
04/05/2008, 07:49 AM
What are some of the main differences in the ACII and ACIII? I have the ACIII but am considering an ACII for a frag tank. Are they fairly close in abilities? I do not need the computer capabilities. LMK.

Lance

kenargo
04/05/2008, 10:21 AM
I have a AC2 and it is great. The screen has 4 lines of display (same as the AC Pro). It has the same program language as the AC but without support for AquaSurf. It can handle 1 PH, 1 ORP and 1 Temp probe, it can control the same control devices DC4,, DC8, Moon, etc.

The main difference I see is the manner you calibrate PH probe; you use a small screw driver.

If you have specific questions please send them on.

60Cubed
04/05/2008, 08:31 PM
Can you convert the ORP to a PH port like on the ACIII? That is the main reason I want it.

I already bought it. I paid $130 for it. It only has the temp probe. I have a DC8 and a brand new probe for my Jr I will use. It should do more than the ACjr. That's what I currently run on the tank now. I would like for it to be able to run two pH probes. Is that possible?

Your help is greatly appreciated

kenargo
04/05/2008, 11:33 PM
No, you can only plug in 1 PH, 1 ORP probe and 1 temp probe.

60Cubed
04/06/2008, 06:45 AM
Somehow I new that would happen to me! That's okay. I'll figure out a way to make it work. I would love to get another ACIII just nobody's selling them used very often.

60Cubed
04/06/2008, 07:42 PM
Go figure. I buy the ACII and sure enough someone sells an ACIII. I bought it. So I have an ACII for sale now. Anyone interested LMK.

Lance