PDA

View Full Version : My six line wrasse is gone =(

tprize
04/05/2008, 05:59 PM
I went away for 2 days out of town and when I came back everything in my tank is fine but my six line is just gone. Params are all fine and all my other fish are happy little fellows. Not sure what could cause this he was really a big boy like 3.5 inches long so maybe he was old? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Aquarist007
04/05/2008, 06:41 PM
they love to carpet surf---and they love to dive deep into the sand bed
I lost an elegant wrasse about the same size---it use to dive deep into the sand and turn up somewhere else in the sand. We figure it got caught on some thing under the substrate.

Don't give up hope however--I have a yellow wrasse that will hid in the substrate for days at a time but shows up again when its hungry i guess
lets hope this is the case---did you look all around the tank, floor, carpet etc for it?

toaster77
04/05/2008, 06:55 PM
yeah definitely check around the tank. i had one and then within the first week I went open-top I found it on the floor :-( IME, Usually they are very active and always found cruising in an d between live rock...

tprize
04/05/2008, 06:56 PM
Ya, I have a full glass cover the only way out is if he went through the tiny tiny hole for the skimmer on the back.

Aquarist007
04/05/2008, 07:00 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12263183#post12263183 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tprize
Ya, I have a full glass cover the only way out is if he went through the tiny tiny hole for the skimmer on the back.

I was standing right beside a friends tank and a wrasse jumped through egg crate:eek:
right into the sump beside it
they do not need a big hole at all.

ericad289
04/05/2008, 10:30 PM
my 6 line wrasse also jumped out, I searched and searched for weeks and never found him. I also have a glass cover over my tank. My babysitter found him one night he had landed on the edge of my tank stand. My lfs store owner said they are very nervous fish and he was probably chased by another fish. Sorry for your loss.

vanmo92
04/05/2008, 10:36 PM
I would think it possible for him to jump out that tiny hole in the back, seems unlikely, buy could happen. I would wait a few more days and see if he shows up, mine has disappeared under the sand and under the rocks for a long time. I would also check the overflows and places like that, maybe even the sump.

Playa-1
04/06/2008, 04:10 AM
Got a large Anemone in the tank?