PDA

View Full Version : Wetside ????

TandN
04/07/2008, 03:36 PM
Is there a chance of a new wetside being made, one that doesnt rust ? Plenty of magnets nowadays use plastic coatings on them. Any chance on working on that ? I love my vortecs but Im on the fence on going back to tunzes because I dont feel that payin ALOT of money for these just to have to by new wetsides every 1 1/2. I really think that is crazy its not like there $20 there & $75 each

IceCap Service
04/07/2008, 04:39 PM
Ecotech is working on an upgrade to the magnet that will last considerably longer than the one used now. There is no reason to buy a wet side if its only a rusty magnet. Replacment magnets cost $15 versus an entire wet side which is $75.

TandN
04/07/2008, 07:26 PM
so what is the purpose of the new wetside ? And where do you get the magnets from ? I dont see thm at premium aquatics they have everything lol. Seriously where do they sell them ?

IceCap Service
04/08/2008, 05:31 AM
The main reason customers purchase entire wet side assemblys is to have an instant replacement so there is no down time while they clean their wet side. The best cleaning method is to soak a day or so in a water and vinegar solution.
Magnets can be purchased direct from EcoTech. Send a request to service@ecotechmarine.com.