PDA

View Full Version : Yuma problem

maxheadroom
04/08/2008, 10:02 AM
I was given a pink yuma that wasn't attached to anything. I've had no problem gluing rics before, so I tried that. Worked for an hour. Tried again. Same thing. I tried putting it in a piece of wedding veil with a rock. It curled up and wasn't attaching after a few days so I took it out of the veil to check it. When I flipped it over, I noticed a hole going through from the bottom to the mouth (kinda like a donut). Is it going to/ already dead? water params are:

Ph 8.2
Amm 0
Trites 0
trates 5
sg 1.024
calcium 400

Lance M.
04/08/2008, 01:14 PM
I'd say yes, it is dying. 99% chance of death. I see it all the time at my lfs when they get in new mushrooms. The mushrooms will start to open up and they form a hole straight through the mouth/foot forming a doughnut and dissolve away. In this case it would not be anything remotely close to splitting.

maxheadroom
04/11/2008, 10:57 AM
its still in my frag rack and it hasn't disolved. Its kind of folded up like a taco. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.

dustin Combs
04/11/2008, 11:31 AM
Sorry to hear that the Yuma was on a walk about. Usually the hole through the center through the pedal disc means that it is probably on its last leg. It will take a few days and it will probably start dissolving away. I am not 100% sure of that by from experience that is the case.
Sorry for the bad news.

By the way what is you dKH and Mg?

maxheadroom
04/14/2008, 11:43 AM
It's still hanging in there! Hopefully it'll pull through!

maxheadroom
05/19/2008, 11:16 AM
The yuma recovered and is doing great! I'll have to take some pics of it tonight!!!

dustin Combs
05/19/2008, 02:18 PM
That's great news. There are some success stories with Yumas!!!!