PDA

View Full Version : nTOTM in Reefkeeping Magazine

Illuminati
04/08/2008, 10:14 AM
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2008-04/reefslides/index.php

I am thrilled with the job Melev and SDguy did on the feature. The reefslides really came out fantastic and hopefully everybody likes the writeup (As I wrote it :) )

Many thanks to Mark and Peter (Especially to Peter, he put a LOT of work into it).

Now we just need more entries in the current months contest..... :)

melev
04/08/2008, 11:06 AM
Hey, I started the same thread myself. It was a team effort. :thumbsup:

Cody Ray
04/08/2008, 12:50 PM
Very nice indeed! My only issue is that there were only 2 groups, AIO and custom. Many people have nano aquariums that would not be considered custom. Just a stock AGA or the like with hang-on filters, submersible pumps, readly available lighting, etc.

melev
04/08/2008, 01:07 PM
What is AIO?

Illuminati
04/08/2008, 01:18 PM
AIO = All In One (Nanocube, Biocube, Aquapod, etc...)

crrichey - I made a post maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago in this forum asking for help with the writeup. While I didn't spell out it was for the reefkeeping magazine (I wanted that to be a suprise) I didn't get one reply and did my best which was tough because I have never had a "custom" or stock AGA tank, All AIO for me :)

Most people would consider a stock AGA with added equipment "custom" to some degree.

At least the pictures turned out pretty :)

melev
04/08/2008, 01:28 PM
As far as I'm concerned, it gave this facet of the hobby a major push in the right direction. You are definitely not being ignored any longer.

When I was at MAX over the weekend, I found out there is a Nano Club in Southern California. Only nanos allowed. How cool is that?! I'm always looking for new topics for my other hobby, so I'm going to be giving them some love very soon.

InLimbo87
04/08/2008, 01:40 PM
Great write-up! Glad to see some publicity for this contest, as its been quite the snoozer so far this month. Got a couple good entries, but we need more of a turnout!!! :p

Victoria
04/08/2008, 04:32 PM
It's great to see some nano power out there...! Next you will begin to see every product out there having there own nano line. OOps they already do. he he he

eaglesrx
04/08/2008, 06:56 PM
Great article. Good to get info out there on nano reefing!!!

"When I was at MAX over the weekend, I found out there is a Nano Club in Southern California. Only nanos allowed. How cool is that?! I'm always looking for new topics for my other hobby, so I'm going to be giving them some love very soon."

Yeah, thos socal guys have some crazy tanks out there. I remember when the first JBJ nanocubes came out several years ago as the first AIO. Right when they came out, many of those guys, including Chris at nanocustoms starting modding these tanks and really started the AIO nano-craze. Now, it's definitely spread and truly a good subdivision of reefkeeping!!!