PDA

View Full Version : Tell me stories about people messing with your tank.

Longchamp
04/09/2008, 05:59 PM
I've heard a couple stories off hand. An ex pouring bleach into a tank, a guys kid putting in cat litter when the guy said he wanted more sand, another guy getting a beer bottle thrown through his front pane.

I'm interested in hearing more stories similar to these. Accidental, or malicious, or horribly stupid things youve done yourself.

fareforce
04/09/2008, 06:10 PM
20 some years ago when I was knee high to a grass hopper I put a Estes model rocket engine in a tank to make them swim faster. They didn't swim very much longer.

SSalty
04/09/2008, 06:28 PM
I couldn't imagine having a reef tank and throwing a party in the same house. You know some dumba$$ will mess with it.

On the other hand, the reef tank at school had some coins thrown in, including pennys.

kayne_21
04/09/2008, 06:32 PM
Sounds like something that happened where I went to school, SSalty :(.... Highschool I went to had a lionfish in one of the class rooms. Some kid decided the poor fish wanted to chew some gum. Needless to say, it didn't survive long afterwards.

Littleg182
04/09/2008, 06:55 PM
I had a 30 gallon cube with an open top. I guess one day my roommate decided to try and squeeze an egg with one hand in the kitchen (Tank was 15ft from the kitchen). Well when I got home I saw that my tank was white, and the skimmer underneath was foaming out onto the floor, filling the sump with egg foam. I was pretty angry...so never get egg in your tank, your skimmer will go insane.

phurst
04/09/2008, 07:03 PM
LOL, like the egg one.

Some of my friends kids were over for a cookout and tossed all KINDS of stuff in the tank. Beanie babies, legos, paintbrushes (clean ones, thankfuly), crayons, etc. I was angry, but no harm done.

Elevate
04/09/2008, 07:09 PM
Wow, with friends like that who needs anemones?

ggk1988
04/09/2008, 07:10 PM
My friend threw a guy into a 55g freshwater tank and cracked the front pane.

Zoophile
04/09/2008, 09:54 PM
I was a massive nerd when I was teenager (of course I am extremely cool now) and had 5 FW tanks in my bedroom. I caught athlete's foot from running track and had a can of Dessenex on my nightstand. My kid brother sprayed it into the tanks and all over my Steve Austin posters! All the fish were floaters and the bionic man was disfigured horribly. My brother's in the Marines now and is threatening to visit, so I'm going to make darn sure he doesn't go near my reef tank!

donski
04/10/2008, 01:12 AM
This was about 12 years ago...I had moved my then 55 gallon to our newly bought house....lots of stuff had been going on so attention to the tank was low and only the hardiest refuse to die fish ect. were still alive. One was an Elibi angelfish. Anyway... we had lots of people a family reunion and one morning when I woke up and looked at the tank I knew something was up......I should say down... someone had turned the chiller control alll the way down... tank temp was in the upper 50's. I laugh about it now. No one can reach the control on my chiller now or since then.

downhillbiker
04/10/2008, 01:30 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12294342#post12294342 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Elevate
Wow, with friends like that who needs anemones?
just curious whats the problem with anemones. i have 2. but havent heard anything bad about them, other than they sting and move, but if you keep them away, then no problems right?

kjreiniger
04/10/2008, 01:37 AM
I had some friends over (i.e. party) and had a relatively new mag cleaner on the acrylic. I told fools not to put their hands in the tank so I guess the next best thing was to chase around the fish with the magnet. They got some sand in between the magnet and the acrylic while they were pushing the magnet side to side. The tank now has artwork in the form of hundreds of scratches across the front of the tank.

BLKTANG
04/10/2008, 01:41 AM
I saw a hot chick get her finger tore up bad by a Queen Trigger before.

pex
04/10/2008, 05:56 AM
All of you are incredibly understanding individuals. If someone threw foreign objects into my tank they would for sure get a good Kimbo Slicing.

DLANDINO
04/10/2008, 06:24 AM
I had a heavy smoker come in from outside from smoking a cigarette and then dip his hand into the water to see if it was warm. I snapped telling him that the nicotine on his fingers could have killed everything in the tank.

viceversabrd
04/10/2008, 08:06 AM
downhillbiker I think the anemone quote is from finding nemo..LOL

I had set up a 5 gal. of bucket water with a powerhead to mix overnight, and set it next to my aquarium. I proceeded to have a few chums over that night. I get up the next morning and am like something is up with this water it doesn't look right or something. Luckily, I didn't perform the water change, I get a call from my buddy about an hour later telling me that he ****ed (urinated) in the bucket and thought it would be funny if i put it in my tank......I almost had a stroke, thank jeebus I didn't put that in their

ShannHell
04/10/2008, 09:10 AM
The summer before my senior year of undergrad I moved to a new apartment. So, of course, I had to move my tank also. We had set it up with the landlord that we would move the tanks in the day after the previous tenants moved out, and then she could do the normal cleaning/repairing stuff for the next week while we just came back every few days to check on things. So we moved the tank, but the tenants (their last name was Roach) still hadn't moved out, even though they were past their lease moveout date. So the landlord and the tenants worked it out and they were supposed to leave that day or the next. I had to go out of town for the weekend, and was not happy that these people were still there but had no choice about it. EVERYTHING was on timers (food, lights, fans etc) and nothing needed to be done, touched, or even looked at--which I made VERY clear to everyone involved. When I came back, the tank was stagnant, cloudy and nasty. The previous tenants (who still hadn't left! even though their lease was up) had unplugged EVERYTHING shortly after we left so they could plug in their alarm clock, and also said that they "didn't want to pay the electricity for it" (I was so mad because we had switched the electricity over to our name anyway!) So I went to work trying to save what I could, pulled alot of dead and rotting stuff out (it was the summer, so the tank was about 95 degrees, it was horrible). All but two fish died and about 75% of my coral died... I think it came out to be about 1500 dollars of livestock, at least, gone/died. One the previous tenants later told me that they didn't think unplugging it would be a big deal because it wasn't like "all that stuff was alive" anyway. Argggh! I was so angry I thought I might attack one of them. For the rest of the year, whenever my roommates or I would bring it up, we refered to them as the cockroaches

widmer
04/10/2008, 09:29 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12297885#post12297885 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ShannHell
The summer before my senior year of undergrad I moved to a new apartment. So, of course, I had to move my tank also. We had set it up with the landlord that we would move the tanks in the day after the previous tenants moved out, and then she could do the normal cleaning/repairing stuff for the next week while we just came back every few days to check on things. So we moved the tank, but the tenants (their last name was Roach) still hadn't moved out, even though they were past their lease moveout date. So the landlord and the tenants worked it out and they were supposed to leave that day or the next. I had to go out of town for the weekend, and was not happy that these people were still there but had no choice about it. EVERYTHING was on timers (food, lights, fans etc) and nothing needed to be done, touched, or even looked at--which I made VERY clear to everyone involved. When I came back, the tank was stagnant, cloudy and nasty. The previous tenants (who still hadn't left! even though their lease was up) had unplugged EVERYTHING shortly after we left so they could plug in their alarm clock, and also said that they "didn't want to pay the electricity for it" (I was so mad because we had switched the electricity over to our name anyway!) So I went to work trying to save what I could, pulled alot of dead and rotting stuff out (it was the summer, so the tank was about 95 degrees, it was horrible). All but two fish died and about 75% of my coral died... I think it came out to be about 1500 dollars of livestock, at least, gone/died. One the previous tenants later told me that they didn't think unplugging it would be a big deal because it wasn't like "all that stuff was alive" anyway. Argggh! I was so angry I thought I might attack one of them. For the rest of the year, whenever my roommates or I would bring it up, we refered to them as the cockroaches

Boy that story made my skin crawl. Such a blatantly vicious thing to do. There's no doubt in my mind I would have brought them to small claims court. You could have loaded up on pictures and paid the LFS owner to accompany you as an expert. Even if you didn't recover much money from them it would have shown them it's not OK for people to live like that....

ShannHell
04/10/2008, 09:33 AM
My landlord said she would give me part of their deposit for the damages, but that never happened. And believe me, I would have spent more money trying to get them to pay for it than I would have gotten back. There was just no talking with these people, they truly were cockroaches! Needless to say, it was devastating

tadashi123
04/10/2008, 12:43 PM
ok i'm going to fess up. in college, i got drunk and poured champagne in my friend's freshwater tank.

lol i'm poster child for the A-hole who victimized everone on this thread!!

my friend forgave me, fwiw

kar93
04/10/2008, 12:51 PM
There was a thread not long ago that was buy a guy that worked in and LFS and when he went to bag the fish he turned around and there was 2 people will there hands in the tank trying to put corals in there pockets.

sk8rreefgeek
04/10/2008, 01:18 PM
I got into it with my older brother when we were young. He pushed me against a wall. I pushed him back...

Right into his 20ga brachish(?) tank that had a little puffer, and I think a "water dog"?? or something weird like that. like a beefed up salamander or smthng.

He crashed right thru the tank, water everywhere. we both stopped for a second, then proceeded with damage control

good times

kar93
04/10/2008, 01:21 PM
Water dogs/Axolotl's are ace:D If its what im thinking of.

fareforce
04/10/2008, 01:26 PM
One of my friends spilled esspresso in their tank. They did a bunch of water changes, and everything was good, but all of the corals decided to have babies. We thought it was pretty cool, and though it was because of the caffiene. So, needless to say we had to try our caffiene theory, so we added a little bit of disolved no-doze to a "test tank". Needless to say it worked again, but have never been brave enough to try it on expensive corals. We just used a kenya tree/colt for testing.. lol

ReefEnabler
04/10/2008, 01:29 PM
when I was 10 or so I had a terrarium that was about half water with guppies and frogs, and a couple salamanders etc...

I came in my room one day to find my two younger siblings sitting infront of the tank stirring with a big wooden spoon. I walked closer and saw cloths in the tank. Then I saw one of the siblings scooping laundry detergent in. they were doing laundry in my tank!!! it was already way too late.

Onte
04/10/2008, 01:30 PM
My 50 year old brother in law beats on the front of my tank like a freaking unruly child. Needless to say, he doesn't get to sit in the big peoples' chair in front of the tank anymore.

And no, he's not mentally retarded in any way.

JoeyTheReefer
04/10/2008, 01:36 PM
my ex before she left she emptyed my coin jar in my reef tank a hole beer picher full

GBE378
04/10/2008, 03:30 PM
When I was in high school I had a 30gal FW tank in my room. Well one day my dad decided to was his car and couldn't find a bucket. So he decided that it would be ok to use the bucket I use for my water changes as a soap bucket. When he was done he put it right back next to my tank and didn't mention anything until after I did a water change and everything died.

CoreyK
04/10/2008, 03:41 PM
I heard a story once about a guy who's buddies bought a full grown live lobster from the grocery store and put it in his reef tank, lol. I'm pretty sure it didn't hurt anything, and they got a good meal out of it afterwards.

Imagine coming home and seeing a massive 1ft lobster chilling with your corals!

dcombs44
04/10/2008, 03:42 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12296559#post12296559 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by downhillbiker
just curious whats the problem with anemones. i have 2. but havent heard anything bad about them, other than they sting and move, but if you keep them away, then no problems right?

Pretty sure that was just a play on words. Nothing wrong with nems IMO :)

Here's my story:
My former LFS, owned by a friend (now closed), had a group of grade school kids that came by his shop frequently and messed around. One day, his show tank crashed after they left. They had poured a can of soda in it. The skimmer was going crazy trying to pull all of that out.

Unfortunately, he had to post a sign stating that kids under 16 had to be accompanied by an adult. not that adults are any better.

miwoodar
04/10/2008, 03:51 PM
My roommate in college lit his hat on fire in my room by holding it over a candle. My other roommate then blew the entire contents of a standard fire extinguisher (~20 inches x ~4 inches) into my 10 x 12 room. At the time I had an open top 38. Believe it - nothing died. Everything looked like crap for a few days but it all lived (mostly LPS and leathers).

OnoIgotICH
04/10/2008, 04:49 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12300734#post12300734 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CoreyK
I heard a story once about a guy who's buddies bought a full grown live lobster from the grocery store and put it in his reef tank, lol. I'm pretty sure it didn't hurt anything, and they got a good meal out of it afterwards.

Imagine coming home and seeing a massive 1ft lobster chilling with your corals!

I actually set up a 10 gallon saltwater tank for about 15 blue crab im not sure of the ID of it, it lived for about 3 days until we ate them.

YUMMMMMMmAY

lowendmelody
04/10/2008, 05:26 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12297885#post12297885 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ShannHell

this is no one's fault but your own. Why in the world would you have allowed this to happen by even putting your livestock in that situation. a complete shame.:rolleye1:

wmilas
04/10/2008, 05:44 PM
In college I moved into a 3 bedroom apartment with 2 other guys sophomore year. I set up a 90 gal reef (this is years ago before skimmer when agal scrubbers were all the rage) that did great for almost 3 years. Senior year I went home for an extended break with my roomies watching the tank... they had done so many times before. They threw a party (not uncommon) and some ******* poured beer in the tank. The problem was I wasn't there and I don't think they saw it happened or realized it happened.

I came back 2 weeks later to massive algal bloom and my well meaning roomies doing water changes with super-low salinity. They tried their best, they just didn't get it right. Algae killed the corals and the stressed fished eventually succumbed. I loved my hippo tang in that tank.. he was my first :(

michika
04/10/2008, 08:15 PM
This past summer my boyfriend and I sold our house thinking we would be moving back home to a different city. Well things changed (the day after closing), and our carefully laid plans collapsed. Well I had to move into an apartment, and he moved in with a mutual friend of ours. After clearing it all with her, he took a 90g with all our fish, and I took all the SPS, and clams in a nano to my apartment.

Well the mutual friend, a girl, started becoming very demanding of my boyfriend, demanding that he not go out, and that he stay in and spend time with her. She then banned me from coming over, I wasn't even allowed to sit in the car in front of the house while he ran inside for something. Her jealousy got so bad that my boyfriend decided he would rather we make due in a 300 square foot apartment, then deal with her any longer. As we started moving his stuff out he began to notice that she was going into his room while he was gone.

The day we were moving the 90g we got a call saying that he had to get it (the tank) out now or she would destroy it. We rushed our time table ahead by 3 hours. We got to the house and she had poured something into the tank along with a handful of pennies. Most of my prized fish (3-4 years old) died save for a regal tang. She also moved my hedgehogs (who were there as well) into her over heated garage killing one from the heat. Her jealousy caused the death of rare fish, and one of my hedgehogs.

She has been disowned by our circle of friends, and I refuse to live with any other roommates now. People just cannot be trusted to respect you or your property.

OnoIgotICH
04/10/2008, 08:17 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12302978#post12302978 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by michika
This past summer my boyfriend and I sold our house thinking we would be moving back home to a different city. Well things changed (the day after closing), and our carefully laid plans collapsed. Well I had to move into an apartment, and he moved in with a mutual friend of ours. After clearing it all with her, he took a 90g with all our fish, and I took all the SPS, and clams in a nano to my apartment.

Well the mutual friend, a girl, started becoming very demanding of my boyfriend, demanding that he not go out, and that he stay in and spend time with her. She then banned me from coming over, I wasn't even allowed to sit in the car in front of the house while he ran inside for something. Her jealousy got so bad that my boyfriend decided he would rather we make due in a 300 square foot apartment, then deal with her any longer. As we started moving his stuff out he began to notice that she was going into his room while he was gone.

The day we were moving the 90g we got a call saying that he had to get it (the tank) out now or she would destroy it. We rushed our time table ahead by 3 hours. We got to the house and she had poured something into the tank along with a handful of pennies. Most of my prized fish (3-4 years old) died save for a regal tang. She also moved my hedgehogs (who were there as well) into her over heated garage killing one from the heat. Her jealousy caused the death of rare fish, and one of my hedgehogs.

She has been disowned by our circle of friends, and I refuse to live with any other roommates now. People just cannot be trusted to respect you or your property.

Not gunna lie, she sounds like a ho.

ReefEnabler
04/10/2008, 08:21 PM
sounds like a really stressful situation! i bet you guys are glad that is all behind

now look at you, 1000g in the works :)

I guess i was lucky with my last room mate. the worst thing he did was throw a game controller at my TV when the game would **** him off :)

michika
04/10/2008, 08:23 PM
Double post, my bad.

michika
04/10/2008, 08:23 PM
I have stronger words for her then that...I cried the whole weekend after it happened. It was a horrible experience. Its one thing to be a bad/terrible roommate, but its something else to kill innocent creatures as a form of revenge to get back at someone because you have mis-placed feelings that clearly cannot be returned.

Some of the fish that were in that tank, I had waited for YEARS to adopt. I've started the process all over again, but waiting lists are always hit and miss.

ReefEnabler
04/10/2008, 08:24 PM
"if I cant be happy, well then neither can you!"

michika
04/10/2008, 08:27 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12303030#post12303030 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RyanBrucks
sounds like a really stressful situation! i bet you guys are glad that is all behind

now look at you, 1000g in the works :)

I guess i was lucky with my last room mate. the worst thing he did was throw a game controller at my TV when the game would **** him off :)

I'm actually doing a 180g grow out tank for fish as I find them. The 1000g system is going to take awhile to build, we keep getting outbid on houses here. I'm hording equipment though like nobody's business. We just need a house now, and from there is about 8 months from build to water. Nothing like having a spare room just filled with tank equipment. :smokin:

I attract bad roommates like moths to a flame...

jdieck
04/10/2008, 08:47 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12293923#post12293923 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fareforce
20 some years ago when I was knee high to a grass hopper I put a Estes model rocket engine in a tank to make them swim faster. They didn't swim very much longer.
I did something similar to my Father's 225 gal fresh water aquarium with one difference, in my case the engine got stuck at the bottom with the flame towar one of the glass panes which burst. The tank was located on the second floor. For a short moment there was such a beautifull fall trough the stairs and stair cube. Water went all the way to the garage.

When asked what happened.. My hands were on my back an my shoulders were risen with an expression of "I just arrived here" :D

reefergeorge
04/10/2008, 08:54 PM
Wow. You people have some reserve. I almost got into a fist fight with my old roommate when he put part of a hot dog in my fw cichlid tank. He knows we would of had problems if he messed with my sw tank. I have way to much time, and money in my tanks for people to be messing with them.

Shekki
04/10/2008, 09:32 PM
I went out of town for 10 days and left a neighbor to tend to my tank with basically two instructions: Feed this amount and keep an eye on the water level in the sump just in case the ATO doesn't kick on.

I came home to an empty sump and pumps and powerheads running dry. I'm sure the salinity was through the roof but I didn't have the time to bring it up slowly. I added 10 gallons of R.O. water and watched all my corals shrivel. About two weeks later everything looked good and nothing actually died.

Did I mention that he let his girlfriend's 10 year old kid take care of my tank to teach him some responsibility? They were also supposed to let my cat out but judging by the emergency litter box (the cat never uses it) it was inside for 10 days.

ggk1988
04/11/2008, 09:10 AM
some of these stories are the reasons i have two different people watch the tank. one is my cousin who means well but is a little intimidated b/c she knows how much work went into them and the other is a really good friend that keeps tanks as well.

fareforce
04/11/2008, 09:34 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12303309#post12303309 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jdieck
I did something similar to my Father's 225 gal fresh water aquarium with one difference, in my case the engine got stuck at the bottom with the flame towar one of the glass panes which burst. The tank was located on the second floor. For a short moment there was such a beautifull fall trough the stairs and stair cube. Water went all the way to the garage.

When asked what happened.. My hands were on my back an my shoulders were risen with an expression of "I just arrived here" :D

I didn't ingnite mine. I just dropped it in. :D I guess I should mention that it was into a FW tank as well, not a reef.

Electrobes
04/11/2008, 09:52 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12304898#post12304898 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ggk1988
some of these stories are the reasons i have two different people watch the tank. one is my cousin who means well but is a little intimidated b/c she knows how much work went into them and the other is a really good friend that keeps tanks as well.

TBH I trust noone. My tank (Building it now) will almost be fully-automated when left alone for about 2 weeks. Anything after that I just tell them to refill the container with reg RO/DI, and the magnesium addition.. well the tank is just going to have to deal without me ;) I would actually put a food timer before asking someone to feed my tank (Even the wife) as I just don't want drama when I get back (Meaning if there is a screw up, it's my fault and noone else's. :D

scrmbld33
04/11/2008, 10:01 AM
my daughter, 2 at the time, decided the fish were hungry and fed them a pb an j sandwhich in the sump. nothing died thank goodness. lock the doors to your sump, who knows what will end up in there

sk8rreefgeek
04/11/2008, 11:13 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12303373#post12303373 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefergeorge
Wow. You people have some reserve. I almost got into a fist fight with my old roommate when he put part of a hot dog in my fw cichlid tank. He knows we would of had problems if he messed with my sw tank. I have way to much time, and money in my tanks for people to be messing with them.

I agree. Even when people (and by people I mean semi-retarded, 'just over teenage' morons) would LOOK at my tank, they knew to keep their distance. I'd agree, if anything even made contact with my tank's water, there would be some words/physical activity to make sure it never happened again.

And for the person that left their setup with those tenants that 'just wouldn't move out', sorry, but what did you expect? That's just foolish

cfw1199
04/11/2008, 11:53 AM
I have to agree with the above about leaving the tank with a bunch of roaches.....hell they couldn't even move out much less leave a 10k fish tank alone.....but for the girl and her boyfriend situation.....I might have gone to jail on that one....either that or that ***** that put whatever in the tank that caused the massive die off would have been buried in it in the back yard....."swimming with the fishies"

KafudaFish
04/11/2008, 12:01 PM
One Friday afternoon my 16 month old son was playing with a flashlight. No big deal because the doors to the stand were blocked so he could not open them up. During the weekend we moved the tank to another part of the house. When I started on the sump I noticed a yellow and black "pipe" next to the intake pipes. This was Sunday morning by the way and when I opened the flashlight up the water was dark greenish/brown. Nothing died though because of the 40 gallon WC that I used when I moved everything.

Petsolutions
04/11/2008, 12:12 PM
Many years ago several of my friends and I would get together to talk about aquariums and play Ping Pong in my friend's basement with his collection of various sized aquariums all around the room. One night one of the players was so upset with the wrong bounce of the ball that he slammed his paddle into the table and it bounced off about 10 feet straight into the front of a 20 gallon aquarium. The glass literally exploded and 20 gallon of water, fish and gravel was on the floor in about 5 seconds. We spent the next several minutes picking up the 100 or so Tilapia babies that were temporarily in the 20 gallon! Needless to say that player never played again!
Personally I had one of my employees from the Pet Store I used to own watch my aquariums while I was out of town. I came back and there were 10-15 Action Ornaments in my 150 Cichlid tank when I returned! I think the "Creature" scared my Clown Loaches!
Sadly, I once had customers pour a can of flea dip into a 40 gallon tank in the store and by the time someone else said to me "those fish don't look right", and I walked over to see what was happening, all of the fish were dead! (Empty flea bottle on top of tank!)

ReefEnabler
04/11/2008, 12:17 PM
i always wondered about some LFS where every tank in the store seems to be plumbed inline.
wouldn't a disaster like that have wyped out your entire stock if that were so?

Meffy
04/11/2008, 12:27 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12306334#post12306334 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RyanBrucks
i always wondered about some LFS where every tank in the store seems to be plumbed inline.
wouldn't a disaster like that have wyped out your entire stock if that were so?

Happened a few years a go to a local LFS i go to.

http://lists.envirolink.org/pipermail/ar-news/Week-of-Mon-20040607/025843.html

psteeleb
04/11/2008, 12:32 PM
About 30 years ago I had an aggressive FO tank with triggers, groupers a lion and moray. Friday nights were known feeding nights and usually a bunch of friends would head to my place to watch before we went out. The feeding frenzy at times was pretty violent as live feeder fish and sometimes shrimp or crabs would have to fend off the predators, get half eaten etc.

One Friday I had to work late and when I go to the apartment there was a rather rambunctious party going on. The typical crowd of Friday nighter’s knew it was feeding night and couldn’t wait. But, did they feed the tank? Nooooo, they didn’t feed the tank. Not sure how it started but they started to dare themselves to eat the live feeders.

The fish went hungry that night as there was nothing left by the time I got home.

Petsolutions
04/11/2008, 12:40 PM
At the time of the Flea Dip poisoning all my tanks were on separate systems. At a later date I worked at a large chain store with a central system and someone poured in a gallon or so of bleach because they did not think pet stores should sell live fish. Nearly everything died, over 120 tanks of fish!javascript:smilie(':smokin:')
smokinjavascript:smilie(':smokin:')
smokin

QuagmireMan
04/11/2008, 03:57 PM
I have 2 stories...

I was at my friends house and we were getting ready to goto church and his mom was using fingernail polish remover to remove her finger nail polish. She set the bottle on my friends dad 120 gallon angle fish tank turned around and knocked the whole bottle in.... I was amazed that only a few angels died.

This is a litttle off topic but when I was moving to a new place I drained my fw tank to the gravel, and gave away all my fish. 2 and a half weeks later I was filling the tank up at my new place and 2 guppies were swimming around. They lived for another year after that! They must have got down in the undergravel filter when I drained it.