PDA

View Full Version : Sfiligoi vs. AquaPhoton vs. Elos (or other?)

tonyespinoza
04/13/2008, 11:55 AM
So I'm building a 72x36x24 rimless peninsula
(http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1367252)
and am looking for an all-in-one pendant. My preference is to be able to run three 400W MH bulbs plus a number of T5HO's. Obviously with a tank 36" wide, spread is a concern. I've heard consistently that the AquaPhoton isn't the best choice for spread. I'm not even sure Elos offers a 400W unit yet (but I do like the look of their stuff!). sfiligoi looks a bit big and also i've read the numerous threads of folks with problems. it is also the most expensive i've seen.

anyway, my plan is to buy new in any case to get warranty coverage.

if i could do anything i'd have a custom rack built to house lumenarc's and VHO's, but this tank is going in our living room and my better half would prefer I get something that looks more finished and visually attractive. (the ceiling is also very high, otherwise i'd do the sort of thing phocuz did with his TOTM.)

at the moment the sfiligoi is in the lead based on spread. any thoughts?

tonyespinoza
04/29/2008, 03:34 PM
I ended up going with a pair of Sfiligoi Twin XR6's (that's a total of four 400W SE bulbs) with icecap ballasts plus a pair of Sfiligoi modular dual T5HO's. This should easily cover my tank which I think will be 65 x 38 x 30.