PDA

View Full Version : Km Nautilus Te Skimmer Help

tomasga
04/13/2008, 12:23 PM
I have a problem with this skimmer. for the first month I had no problems with it, now it seems that I will leave it alone as if it is working correctly and then all of a sudden a few hours later the skimmer is going crazy and the collection cup has overflowed. The water level in my sump has not changed and the unit is clean, any ideas what could be causing this.

Sea-nut
04/13/2008, 12:40 PM
Check the air line make sure it is not blocked ,also check the little air hole in your turbo.

tomasga
04/13/2008, 01:05 PM
Is there a certain height that the unit cannot be submerged deeper than, I know that some skimmers require a specific water height range in order to work.

kar93
04/13/2008, 01:09 PM
does it have a marker on it saying max line?

Sea-nut
04/13/2008, 06:02 PM
I have the same skimmer , I think it is a good skimmer mine is in about 12" of water, there is no max line,You just have to play with it to get right ,with this unit you can get as wet or dry skimming as you want.

tomasga
04/13/2008, 06:54 PM
The weird part is that it will look like it is working great, then for example, I leave for dinner, when I come back two hours later the collection cup is overflowing. What size pump are you running on yours, I have had a mag 9.5 on it since I bought it.