PDA

View Full Version : pump head presure calculator

drudude
04/13/2008, 10:27 PM
hey guys i was wondering if anyone has a caculator to gauge the head presure of a pump.
I know reef central has one but you have too put in a existing pump.
I am looking to make one and was wondering how do i find out how much water it will push.
If there is an internet auto caculator it would be great if not an equation would be cool too.
Thanks
Dru

2dawghouse
04/14/2008, 01:10 PM
There are way to many factors involved for trying to build your own, and the clculations for determining these varying losses are pretty complex. Its best to try and use the one on reef central and find a pump that is pretty comparable to yours. The one on here is alittle on the conservative side. But if you must then I pm me and I will try to find the link that has all the calculations.

kgross
04/14/2008, 03:10 PM
You can get the spread sheet that the RC calculator was built off of on reefs.org

or you can get one here.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2007/5/aafeature2

But these are based on available pumps. Are you looking at making a pump? If so the calculators will not help you since you have some pretty heavy math figuring out the pump curve, which is effected by the impeller size and design, volute size and design, clearance around the impeller, output and the motor power and speed.

Kim