PDA

View Full Version : Bringing back Anemone

brayden
04/14/2008, 08:07 AM
I have an anemone that I just fished out from under a rock. It has been stuck there for a couple of months and I just now found it. Right now it looks like this little ball of mush. It is just starting to open up. I fed it a little piece of silver side and it is just starting to open up. It has attached itself to the glass. Can anyone give any tips on how to help the revitalization process?

blownz281
04/14/2008, 08:29 AM
What type is it?

Lighting?

Water changes?

Tank size?

Filters?

Other tank mates?

These questions will help with us answering you

brayden
04/14/2008, 09:11 AM
Bubble Tip

Lighting:
2x65W PC actinics
2x96W PC 10K daylight
1x175W Halide
1x250W Halide

Reason for different Halides is clams are on stronger side and inverts and anything else that requires less light is on the other side. The anemone is on the 175W side, which really isn't thtat much light considering the tank is 24" deep and he is on the bottom.

15g water change 3 days ago

135g reef tank
He is in a low current area right now

Filtering:
Large filter sock in sump that all water runs through.
Large X-Flo RK2 Skimmer
Currently running carbon and phosphate remover

There is 1 other bubble tip
A few corals
3 clams
Reef safe fish

The anemone is placed away from everything else right now.

blownz281
04/14/2008, 11:13 AM
The MH sounds good. You should ditch the PC lights and get a T5 setup. i ran PC lights for years,but its night and day with T5 bulbs. PC are not that great for anemones or corals. you have alot of watts which is great,but they tend to lose there spectrum early on before the bulb shows anything or to the naked eye.

Filtering sounds good.

your other BTA is doing fine?

is your new BTA bleached at all when you bought it. Keep up on your water changes like your doing. if the other nem,clam corals are fine then i would figure water is up to par. have you tried to feed it yet?

If you bought him at the LFS did you wait 15-20 to get him use to temp-floating the bag then adding a small amount of water and so on.

If you got him shipped to you longer then overnight you should have adjusted him alot longer. let us know!

eshagha
04/14/2008, 11:27 AM
Good lighting and flow are key.

brayden
04/14/2008, 11:31 AM
My other Bubble is doing great.
I acclimated him from the LFS for about an hour with a drip system.
I also have wavemaking set up on my Aquacontroller, so current should be OK.