PDA

View Full Version : How to ship a nano tank?

Saddler
04/15/2008, 12:01 PM
I have someone locally here in Arizona who has offered to donate a tank to my friend out in Massachusetts who is recovering from a bad accident and is interested in the hobby. But the dilemma is that there is no original packaging. Does anyone have any suggestions or experiences with shipping a tank a couple of thousand miles away? It's a 12 gallon Oceanic cube. I'd really like to make this happen, but I don't want to have the generous donor empty the tank just to have it crack during shipping.

Thanks!

an411
04/15/2008, 12:38 PM
Its glass I am assuming. I would think that the best way would be to bubble wrap the heck out of it and make sure that you insure it. I would also try and see if you can get it there the fastest way possible the less time its with the shipping company the better. make sure that the box that its in is padded good enough on all sides. maybe add Styrofoam to the sides to absorb impact. I would just make sure that there is a ton of bubble wrap around this thing. Did I mention bubble wrap lol

Saddler
04/15/2008, 01:28 PM
Yep, it's glass. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm just hoping to find someone who's actually attempted it before. Someone I talked to figured it only would have a 10% chance of getting there unharmed.