PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Carpet.

GA-PEACHES72
04/16/2008, 08:28 PM
Does anyone know why a carpet that has never moved would start acting crazy? It has been in the same spot since I put it in the tank in jan. It was up to around 12 inches across. Now it is about 6 inches and has started moving the rocks around. Not climbing on them just moving them.

Anteverius
04/16/2008, 08:34 PM
what kinda lighting do you have? Is the tank only two months old? I think the rule of thumb is something like having a tank run for 6-12 months before adding anemones because they are very sensitive. Is it eating?

GA-PEACHES72
04/16/2008, 08:42 PM
I have had the tank up since Dec. and he has been in since Jan. He has doubled in size since I got him. I have 2 sets of T5's and a set of PC's. He was eating like a horse. He would eat like five of the silver sides 2x a week. All water parm. are good so is the salt.

ludnix
04/16/2008, 09:47 PM
I don't understand, he doubled inside and then shrunk back to original size?

Toddrtrex
04/16/2008, 09:51 PM
What type of carpet is it?

What are your current water parameters?

downhillbiker
04/16/2008, 10:25 PM
did you change your flow at all? i have an anemone that has grown from 4" to over 15" and it really loves the flow. it moved itself to about 4" from direct flow from my korallia 4. some would say thats too much, but the anemone chose the spot. i would just make sure to keep feeding it every other day, and it will find a spot it likes.

i second the remark about you having a young tank for anemones. i would say 6 months before adding an anemone.